Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-21-2022, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 60 while working on my epic, I decided to kill a drolvarg warlord (bog standard level 53 warrior mob afaict, and on the solo artist list) by doing melee/slow/ds and mez/regen when I was low.

It took 27 minutes. Would not recommend.

You can pbaoe the room easily when the named isn't up though, which is kind of cool. In one of Sugz's HS videos he shows the technique of keeping a summoner mezzed nearby while pbaoeing the rest, so if I were going to try to solo it again maybe I would mez lock the warlord, pbaoe the room and jail, then use the space to have a little room to fear.
I should update that I'm down to 7-8 minutes to toe-to-toe a level 53 mob including mid fight mez/regen breaks, bringing it into the practical range for named hunting.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

It’s not solo but I’ve done scout in WW duo clr/bard no consumables (but fully buffed).
Old 01-08-2023, 11:19 PM
Aviak

King Tranix, Warlord Skarlon, a cliff Golem, Verix.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to add to it that I have solo killed Efreeti Lord Djarn on my 58 bard. It was not to hard and have done it 3 times solo. I have also killed the skeletal procurate solo on my bard many times to get the mask. Just a couple of things I did not see listed in the thread. I am a returning player so reading through the last years worth of bard threads lol.
Old 11-27-2023, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to add to it that I have solo killed Efreeti Lord Djarn on my 58 bard. It was not to hard and have done it 3 times solo. I have also killed the skeletal procurate solo on my bard many times to get the mask. Just a couple of things I did not see listed in the thread. I am a returning player so reading through the last years worth of bard threads lol.
Very cool getting Djarn at 58. Probably makes that area much more appealing for leveling.

I'm glad you bumped the thread, I have some updates too.

I managed an Ayillish solo. I used 3 clicks of a wort so I'd like to redo it without that sometime, but it already took 93 minutes of generally good luck to kill so I might not get back to it. The strat is to keep it blinded with a bio orb in the dn scar and use ranged dots, but it's still a spicy fight because its resists are so high, and the fight is so long you're bound to hit some very bad rolls.

The same bio orb strategy works on A4 mobs. I did Grink/Gronk but Brenn and Grenn weren't open so I'll have to return some time. Speaking of PoM the main room chest isn't bad to melee in place if you have the gear for it.

I did the other interesting outpost mobs for fun too, using a similar charm strat to Cliff Golem kills. Captain Rottgrime / General D'Veers / Admiral Tylix.

For Rottgrime, if D'Veers is not in the bank and no other guards are nearby you can pull him and a pet clean. Lull the first three marines, pulse selos, mez the fifth marine, and book it to leash the mezzed marine. Don't pulse selos again or otherwise buff yourself until the captain and pet are past the gargoyles.

For V'Deers and Tylix bury a sow as deep as you can. Against a cliff golem you can often avoid taking hits from your pet by either burning the cg summon with pet back off, or by running through the cg and away from your pet when you get summoned. It's harder to do that with these guys because their casting and slightly faster runspeed make it take longer to burn the summon, and they have a smaller hitbox. And their dots can actually do some significant damage to you. I haven't setup a pet tick timer for timing recharms like Melatunin showed; it would probably help a lot against these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should update that I'm down to 7-8 minutes to toe-to-toe a level 53 mob including mid fight mez/regen breaks, bringing it into the practical range for named hunting.
I'll add another update on this with some improved gear: my best tanked/no-mez/self-buffed/no-strong-clicks I've done was Hierophant Prime Grekal -- I think I was lucky to win that without mez with my current gear, but level 52 mobs are pretty easy to melee without a mez break for me now.

Edit: Have any of you broken a full fire giant spawn tranix room on the bard? I made some attempts to split but got Tranix + both static guards.
Last edited by Vivitron; 11-27-2023 at 04:06 PM..
Old 11-28-2023, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Very cool getting Djarn at 58. Probably makes that area much more appealing for leveling.

I'm glad you bumped the thread, I have some updates too.

I managed an Ayillish solo. I used 3 clicks of a wort so I'd like to redo it without that sometime, but it already took 93 minutes of generally good luck to kill so I might not get back to it. The strat is to keep it blinded with a bio orb in the dn scar and use ranged dots, but it's still a spicy fight because its resists are so high, and the fight is so long you're bound to hit some very bad rolls.

The same bio orb strategy works on A4 mobs. I did Grink/Gronk but Brenn and Grenn weren't open so I'll have to return some time. Speaking of PoM the main room chest isn't bad to melee in place if you have the gear for it.

I did the other interesting outpost mobs for fun too, using a similar charm strat to Cliff Golem kills. Captain Rottgrime / General D'Veers / Admiral Tylix.

For Rottgrime, if D'Veers is not in the bank and no other guards are nearby you can pull him and a pet clean. Lull the first three marines, pulse selos, mez the fifth marine, and book it to leash the mezzed marine. Don't pulse selos again or otherwise buff yourself until the captain and pet are past the gargoyles.

For V'Deers and Tylix bury a sow as deep as you can. Against a cliff golem you can often avoid taking hits from your pet by either burning the cg summon with pet back off, or by running through the cg and away from your pet when you get summoned. It's harder to do that with these guys because their casting and slightly faster runspeed make it take longer to burn the summon, and they have a smaller hitbox. And their dots can actually do some significant damage to you. I haven't setup a pet tick timer for timing recharms like Melatunin showed; it would probably help a lot against these guys.

I'll add another update on this with some improved gear: my best tanked/no-mez/self-buffed/no-strong-clicks I've done was Hierophant Prime Grekal -- I think I was lucky to win that without mez with my current gear, but level 52 mobs are pretty easy to melee without a mez break for me now.

Edit: Have any of you broken a full fire giant spawn tranix room on the bard? I made some attempts to split but got Tranix + both static guards.
That's a hell of a list of accomplishments! Bard is such a unique class in EQ. I always tell everyone Bard feels hands down the most powerful class in eq right up until you die lol.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a hell of a list of accomplishments! Bard is such a unique class in EQ. I always tell everyone Bard feels hands down the most powerful class in eq right up until you die lol.
nah its enchanter and its not even close lol

dont get me wrong, bards are great...but man you sure do have to put in 10x the work to get halfway to what enchanters are doing
Old 11-29-2023, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont get me wrong, bards are great...but man you sure do have to put in 10x the work to get halfway to what enchanters are doing
This makes the juice worth the squeeze!

Hardcore bard mode is the true p99 end game.

Aside: We just really need our aggro fixed https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=416857
Old 11-29-2023, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah its enchanter and its not even close lol

Lol don't get me wrong Enchanter is king for what they can accomplish by themselves I agree! But on my bard I feel 100% confident that I am in control at all times and in no risk of dieing right up until that splat moment lol. On my enchanter when I'm doing sketchy shit I always feel the reaper knocking at that door.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol don't get me wrong Enchanter is king for what they can accomplish by themselves I agree! But on my bard I feel 100% confident that I am in control at all times and in no risk of dieing right up until that splat moment lol. On my enchanter when I'm doing sketchy shit I always feel the reaper knocking at that door.
Do you only play in zones where you can selos to a zone line or something

Enchanter so much better at living than a bard
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior