Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, good luck to those people who need specific items, getting them to drop during your guilds time slot will be like hitting the lottery, seriously.
RIP Doze items requiring 2 or more tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Skeleton

Dozekar actually should probably just be legit FFA, it's like objectively impractical for him in particular. Most of the tears will just rot in people's banks forever until they quit.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

They won't

The point was to avoid guilds fighting on top of each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 AM
Skeleton

Yeah I guess, but Doze competition isn't too too problematic at the moment relative to other stuff, and the pull is so simple/short.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, good luck to those people who need specific items, getting them to drop during your guilds time slot will be like hitting the lottery, seriously.
Nobody needs TOV items.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:33 AM
Aviak

This is an absolute abomination to the true spirit of EQ. I started playing a 20 year old game to experience, once again, a hardcore, dangerous single persistant world with rewarding gear and character progression. I have been weary trying to find this anywhere else and now what happens 2 months after I start playing a serious character on the server to experience the end game raid scene? Apparently, the ridiculous, whiny, instant gratification, lootboxing, pay to win, pay for cosmetics, can't compete, sissies that every other developer caters to have now invaded the only hardcore bastion left in gaming and convinced the moderators of the game to completely abandon the original principles of a single persistant world and turned the best raid zone ever created into essentially an instance where you can simply order your very own Vulak loot. Wipe 6 times in a row because you suck? I'm sorry, you do not deserve to have the warm graceful touch of Do'Vassir's Guantlets of Might upon your fingers. There are so many things wrong with this rotation it's literally insane. It is nothing but a total travesty and completely goes against everything EQ was meant to be.

What's next? You don't have to do CR's anymore?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

The new rules are actually more classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is utter garbage. The only "skill" displayed by the guilds raiding ToV on P99 is racing skills. Who can get-to, FTE, pull fekkin dragons to the zone like a pack of little girls to kill it is what ToV has become. It is the farthest thing from classic it could possibly be.

There are 200 times the number of level 60 characters on P99 than there were on any live server during the Velious era. And I'm only counting the active ones.

You didn't go into ToV racing another guild. You didn't pull dragons to the zone. You didn't use 3k worth of expendables for each pull with 8 monks, 3 SKs, and four DA clerics. Seriously, killing the actual mob is the easiest part of ToV on P99. There is nothing on P99 at this time that can not be killed by 30 level 60 players. No one ever saw "train to WTOV" on live. We crawled in back in the day, but then again we didn't have 200 a******* crawling up our backs either. Oh, we didn't exactly build our own EQ server to practice it all on either. I mean, really?

There were only 125 or maybe 150 total people out of a server population of 7000 who were involved in it at all. Our guild had around 60 total players (all level 60).

My guild was called Black Company, the other was called Enlightened Dark. Strange thing is, we communicated. If they wanted ToV we killed the Dain, or Tormax or went (rarely) back to VP so we didn't get in each other's way. Heck when Luclin came out we split it up right from the start, they got Vex Thal, we got everything else. So yeah, this idea sounds a lot like classic to me.

So don't tell me, one of the few people on P99 that was doing this content on live during this timeframe that cut-throat, backstabbing competition was the norm. It absolutely was not. This is much closer to "classic" than the current situation.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBalloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an absolute abomination to the true spirit of EQ. I started playing a 20 year old game to experience, once again, a hardcore, dangerous single persistant world with rewarding gear and character progression. I have been weary trying to find this anywhere else and now what happens 2 months after I start playing a serious character on the server to experience the end game raid scene? Apparently, the ridiculous, whiny, instant gratification, lootboxing, pay to win, pay for cosmetics, can't compete, sissies that every other developer caters to have now invaded the only hardcore bastion left in gaming and convinced the moderators of the game to completely abandon the original principles of a single persistant world and turned the best raid zone ever created into essentially an instance where you can simply order your very own Vulak loot. Wipe 6 times in a row because you suck? I'm sorry, you do not deserve to have the warm graceful touch of Do'Vassir's Guantlets of Might upon your fingers. There are so many things wrong with this rotation it's literally insane. It is nothing but a total travesty and completely goes against everything EQ was meant to be.

What's next? You don't have to do CR's anymore?
popcorn.jpg

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 02-05-2019, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine a few top guilds rule breaking/rule lawyering so much it leads the staff to do this...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Having to put in so much time and effort to get a shot at rare end game loot is what made this server special. You really feel like you earned it if you are actually able to obtain tov loot. Taking that away is a mistake in my opinion.
Closed Thread