Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's part of the problem. It's also against the rules to ask for money, so he couldn't have done that either. He's not allowed to expect payment, and he's also not allowed to express his frustration in any public fashion when he gets outright stiffed. All so that he can perform the same function that every porter both can and gets asked to do constantly anyway. So what is exactly is the value in tagging with these guys again? Because I don't think there's a widespread fear that porters are going to screw you over, so being in a 'respected' porter guild seems relatively pointless.
See my response. It helps to answer some of this. OP or anyone else does not need to be part of DAP should they not like the guild rules. There are good and just reasons.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's part of the problem. It's also against the rules to ask for money, so he couldn't have done that either. He's not allowed to expect payment, and he's also not allowed to express his frustration in any public fashion when he gets outright stiffed. All so that he can perform the same function that every porter both can and gets asked to do constantly anyway. So what is exactly is the value in tagging with these guys again? Because I don't think there's a widespread fear that porters are going to screw you over, so being in a 'respected' porter guild seems relatively pointless.
I mean... 9 out of ten times if I'm looking for a port I do /who all dial.

So maybe there is something to it.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-05-2020, 04:31 PM
Aviak

Respect yourselves more, don't port for plat. Earn your gear and money through adventure and you'll be happier and wealthier in the long run. Ports are not valued by the community because the market is flooded with porters. 50pp is the correct value of a port, walking/boating to your destination is immersive as hell.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Respect yourselves more, don't port for plat. Earn your gear and money through adventure and you'll be happier and wealthier in the long run. Ports are not valued by the community because the market is flooded with porters. 50pp is the correct value of a port, walking/boating to your destination is immersive as hell.
There is only some truth to some of this. Well.. no. Not.. ugh.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See my response. It helps to answer some of this. OP or anyone else does not need to be part of DAP should they not like the guild rules. There are good and just reasons.
That's a valid point...nobody is subjecting the OP to the strict set of of rules but themselves. They should just go freelance and get just as many ports as before, with less hassle down the road if they feel like posting on the forums. We're all adults here and don't need to be scolded by strangers if we feel like pointing out a little douchebaggery now and again.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:01 PM
Banned

What is this bizarro world where a guy generously provides a port and doesn't even get a thank you, and is slightly miffed about it, but has the decency to not name the person who stiffed him, and everyone seems mad at HIM? Wtf
Old 01-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

im a long with douglas.. I didnt know Dial a port had some weird rule that you can expect to ask for a tip. Seems silly. I personally always do who all /29 50 druid/wiz to find ports. Glad i dont rely on em seems silly. I always thought Dial of port took in porters who wanted 2 make $$$.. And btw I ALWAYS ALWAYS tip for port. I even owed a wizard like a week due to CR and made sure to give him a huge tip. Avg tip is 50pp, but I've paid 200ish for ones when im short on time. I for one <3 all porters like OP. Also side note Is Port is generally 1pp per lvl tip.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack N [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you port people as a sort of business, set the terms before completing the service.
Yet another concise truth from Jack N.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im a long with douglas.. I didnt know Dial a port had some weird rule that you can expect to ask for a tip. Seems silly. I personally always do who all /29 50 druid/wiz to find ports. Glad i dont rely on em seems silly. I always thought Dial of port took in porters who wanted 2 make $$$.. And btw I ALWAYS ALWAYS tip for port. I even owed a wizard like a week due to CR and made sure to give him a huge tip. Avg tip is 50pp, but I've paid 200ish for ones when im short on time. I for one <3 all porters like OP. Also side note Is Port is generally 1pp per lvl tip.
Totally man. Do not utilize DAP if you do not believe in their rules. OP also doesn't have to be a member of DAP to port for tip. He will do just fine without the guild tag, but with it he should abide by their rules. Let's be clear here though, DAP members do port for tip. The guild has never been non-profit. The service ain't a charity, lol. It's only that guild members are expected not to be distasteful, and to follow the guild rules.

It's NO different than any other guild and their rules. You might have consequences in any other guild for your actions on the forums or Discord. YOU can do your part and give the finger to the man by not utilizing their services. Take that you BIG PHARMA, fascist Dial-a-Port. Suck it!
Old 01-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Money upfront no exceptions.
Closed Thread