Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Skeleton

Default 1 week target windows.

Not sure what would need to go into making a change like this, but would it be possible to reduce the windows on 1 week targets? Until kunark comes out and there are only 5 big FTE targets on green it seems like there is a lot of pressure on people to stay glued to a computer 16-40 hours for a (50/50) to roll on loot, which at best seems unhealthy.
If it were a big part of the classic experience I'd would understand but from what I remember they spawned 1 week after give or take a server tick.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Make all respawns quakes. Put a variance window on the quake.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Server GM

TLP's are an option if you want instanced content.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:32 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
TLP's are an option if you want instanced content and box armies and dps races to steal others' kills and also sanctioned RMT.
yuck!
Old 07-17-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't have said it better.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2020, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

Not interested in the instanced content. I enjoy the competition. But having 160 people wait at a ZL for for that long seems... counter productive? inhumane?
Old 07-17-2020, 12:21 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abizmla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not interested in the instanced content. I enjoy the competition. But having 160 people wait at a ZL for for that long seems... counter productive? inhumane?
Even with Velious on Blue this is a normal occurrence. I like the fact that it can take years to get BIS instead of getting BIS in a couple weeks to a month on the TLP.

Every piece of raid loot you get will feel like an accomplishment. The TLP's almost ruined EQ to me when they hand out the raid loot like candy.

Here are two screenshots of an instanced naggy and CT from Aradune. You should not see every character with an AON & COF after a month or two.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by galach; 07-17-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-17-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

OP you're right that its not classic but its a response to non-classic behavior, and that's an understandable approach P99 has repeatedly taken. Other mechanics have been attempted and deemed unfair and/or ineffective in their own ways.

The real classic solution here that doesn't involve coding the game around it is (paging Loramin) player agreed rotations. But for the entire history of the project the resident dominating hardcore guild has decided to keep things "competitive" knowing that they were capable of monopolizing the majority of all spawns.

Basically the guild in charge has no motivation to share a single mob if they think they will win 75%+ of them from the less hardcore groups on the server by socking the spawn windows. Its like this to this very day on blue where we have been locked in Velious for years now, and its been like this on Green as soon as Teal merged back over despite only having a minuscule amount of raid mobs whose loot tables are about to be largely obsolete.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Even with Velious on Blue this is a normal occurrence. I like the fact that it can take years to get BIS instead of getting BIS in a couple weeks to a month on the TLP.

Every piece of raid loot you get will feel like an accomplishment. The TLP's almost ruined EQ to me when they hand out the raid loot like candy.

Here are two screenshots of an instanced naggy and CT from Aradune. You should not see every character with an AON & COF after a month or two.

I'm not advocating for more spawns. The same loot would drop week by week and since most of these drop tradables there would be no difference in the number of people who have BiS items.

The weekly earthquake seemed like a good suggestion. Gives people a chance to sock the boss they want and have everything done in a 16 hour period even if that is an unhealthy amount of time to be expected to stay at a computer.
Closed Thread