Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 04-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

SEOC sells like hot cakes for 150k+. I would advise you to start the epic as soon as possible. The first blade (swiftwind) is easily attainable without buying any mqs, and if things line up it can be done very quickly. No reason to wait until you have the buying power for a SEOC.

Also, something to consider is the 10/18 velium warsword to pair with the swiftwind. It’s very close to a SBOZ in dps, looks pretty rad, and is like 5-6k. That’s what my ranger uses for mainhand with Swiftwind.

Start your foraging asap, get the corrupter fight done, and try to figure out how you’re gonna get VSR. The stone costs around 15-25k so not a hugely expensive mq.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SEOC sells like hot cakes for 150k+. I would advise you to start the epic as soon as possible. The first blade (swiftwind) is easily attainable without buying any mqs, and if things line up it can be done very quickly. No reason to wait until you have the buying power for a SEOC.

Also, something to consider is the 10/18 velium warsword to pair with the swiftwind. It’s very close to a SBOZ in dps, looks pretty rad, and is like 5-6k. That’s what my ranger uses for mainhand with Swiftwind.

Start your foraging asap, get the corrupter fight done, and try to figure out how you’re gonna get VSR. The stone costs around 15-25k so not a hugely expensive mq.
The wiki says the SEoC averages 50-70k, but I just noticed those prices are about 3 years old. Thought they'd be cheaper by now.

The plan was to offer tracking to a guild looking to kill VSR in exchange for one of the stones. That's how I was recommended to go about it.

Either way, if I'm going to invest in a weapon to pair with Swiftwind, it's going to be BoC, not SBoZ.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

1.) Wiki is a terrible source for finding the actual prices that MQ's are selling for. SEOC is a 150k+ MQ. MAYBE 100-125k on the cheap end if you know someone. Its a rare drop that comes from mini's that can be easily farmed by farm crews.

2.) Good luck with that. I don't foresee many guilds coming out to gift you a stone for "tracking" something that spawns multiple times a day. They might sell you a stone for cheaper than retail, but I digress.

3.) BoC is around 40k+ more expensive than SBOZ, and I doubt it parses much better, if at all. At high end, speed > ratio in many cases, and 11/18 is going to be a better weapon for a cheaper sum.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.) Wiki is a terrible source for finding the actual prices that MQ's are selling for. SEOC is a 150k+ MQ. MAYBE 100-125k on the cheap end if you know someone. Its a rare drop that comes from mini's that can be easily farmed by farm crews.

2.) Good luck with that. I don't foresee many guilds coming out to gift you a stone for "tracking" something that spawns multiple times a day. They might sell you a stone for cheaper than retail, but I digress.

3.) BoC is around 40k+ more expensive than SBOZ, and I doubt it parses much better, if at all. At high end, speed > ratio in many cases, and 11/18 is going to be a better weapon for a cheaper sum.
Well at this point I can afford a VS stone so I guess it's not a big investment.

I'm going to start the foraging parts at 51 or so.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

It's basically the best low level item in the entire game, and one of my favorite things about velious is using that axe and a wrapped entropy serpent spine and a bio orb in low level pvp.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well at this point I can afford a VS stone so I guess it's not a big investment.

I'm going to start the foraging parts at 51 or so.
Not trying to sound rude here, but why wouldn't you work on completing the foraging parts asap? The haste on the swiftwind epic kicks in right at 46 (I completed my swiftwind at 46 and saw an immediate bump in DPS). I'm sure community members would help with the corrupter part in the Karanas, and that can be solo'd by many classes at lvl 60. The faster you get the 40% epic haste, the better.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not trying to sound rude here, but why wouldn't you work on completing the foraging parts asap? The haste on the swiftwind epic kicks in right at 46 (I completed my swiftwind at 46 and saw an immediate bump in DPS). I'm sure community members would help with the corrupter part in the Karanas, and that can be solo'd by many classes at lvl 60. The faster you get the 40% epic haste, the better.
Depends on if I can get enough ports to do it all. I’m guildless so I don’t have people to help me with the running around or the killing. I still need to farm a bit of plat to cover the stone too.

If it makes any difference on prices or supply, I’m on Blue, not Green.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Things generally should be cheaper on Blue than Green. I am PMing you, I don't mind helping with things. Hit me up any time.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Things generally should be cheaper on Blue than Green. I am PMing you, I don't mind helping with things. Hit me up any time.
I’ll check when I get home tonight, volunteering right now.

I’ll probably start it at 49, when I need to leave to get new spells anyway.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I probably need to buy jade reaver and Swirling Sphere of Color too. What does the sphere usually cost?