Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is a long way to say 'casual racism but obfuscated enough to not raise most flags' which imo describes DMO pretty well.
I mean I disagree with this. I never saw any racist statements made by anyone in DMO. And using Ramal's name as an example I don't think really makes sense; even if I were to go name a black character in a game "Lamar Odom" I don't think that's racist in the same way naming a white character "Tom Brady" would be.

Personally, I think they chose Erudites more because the general lore around the Erudites allowed them to roleplay as superior to everyone else because the players IRL believe they are better than other members of the community. That's the real reason behind choosing Erudites; Erudites are snobbish and look down upon everyone else.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

sjw cancel culture be damned
Old 08-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Personally, I think they chose Erudites more because the general lore around the Erudites allowed them to roleplay
lol nirgon created that guild
Old 08-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

a good chunk of people on p99:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2022, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Not really. Even if people didn't like the guild's joke, in the end it was the Guild itself that earned the smackdown for unrelated things.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliMesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much subject. It's not a necessity for me and I'm aware it's not the intent behind the servers, but I figured it'd be foolish to not even at least ask if there was even small sub-groups/communities. I haven't played EQ since LDoN and I randomly decided to give P99 a shot and here I am.
Yes, create an erudite and join <Yael Graduates> referenced in the Rants and Flames forum if you want to roleplay as an Erudite. Otherwise, send roleplaying messages to almost anyone in that guild and Im sure they will roleplay along with you (as long as you are anything but completely terrible at it.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol nirgon created that guild
So one person now means the entire guild is X Y and Z?

If that’s the case then every single member of Vanquish is a terrible toxic member of the server. Which isn’t the case
Old 08-05-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

his whole joke was to make non racist people join a racist guild unknowingly you're eating it up lol

by saying it was because they were smart he could get everyone to run around the server terrorizing camps and being thuggish lol

it was an amazing work of art like obey level on p99 IMO
Old 08-06-2022, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
his whole joke was to make non racist people join a racist guild unknowingly you're eating it up lol

by saying it was because they were smart he could get everyone to run around the server terrorizing camps and being thuggish lol

it was an amazing work of art like obey level on p99 IMO
Except there was never any instance of any sort of racist comments made by DMO ever. Whether in game, on the forums, or on discord. But oh surely it’s just some big grand conspiracy theory (like it always is with you) to get people to join a racist guild unknowingly. Oh and yeah these huge terrible racists just, you know, only never said any racist thing for 2 years…yeah they’re just hiding their extreme racism to prank people into joining a guild…right…

Outside of competitive raid tier content I never had any negative experiences with any member of DMO. In fact, the vast majority of my experiences in game with them were positive, which is pretty rare for most guilds on P99 (unfortunately)
Old 08-06-2022, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except there was never any instance of any sort of racist comments made by DMO ever. Whether in game, on the forums, or on discord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Menden (emphasis added)
The guild Dark Men of Odus has been disbanded.

The leadership continues to cause issues among players in game, on the forums & within the Green UN channel. They have a long history of trolling, inciting arguments and racism. Each individual action has been handled accordingly but this is a pattern of behavior can no longer be ignored.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.