Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-04-2023, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not being very clear on days and hours.

3k per DAY via Coldain Boots/Gloves since the respawn times are long on those. Typically 1k+ per HOUR on WW Dragons depending on drops. So in an 8 hour session you could pull 10k on a Shaman. More if you get lucky and get the higher end drops, or a lot of head + item drops.

On an Enchanter if you are playing an 8 hour session, you could probably make 20-40k if you can get 2 stealthy travel ring or 2 seahorse belt drops. I have never done those camps, so I can't say how common the drops are. I think you could make more at Seahorse camp if you were super busy and also sold Neriad Shawl drops.

When I was saying "day" earlier, I was assuming a 1-2 hour play session.

Both are popular classes in Fungi King camp, which would be 15k per Tunic (or more depending on market) if you split it between 3 people.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2023 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not being very clear on days and hours.

3k per DAY via Coldain Boots/Gloves since the respawn times are long on those. Typically 1k+ per HOUR on WW Dragons depending on drops. So in an 8 hour session you could pull 10k on a Shaman.

On an Enchanter if you are playing an 8 hour session, you could probably make 20-40k if you can get 2 stealthy travel ring or 2 seahorse belt drops. I have never done those camps, so I can't say how common the drops are.

When I was saying "day" earlier, I was assuming a 1-2 hour play session.
Ah okay, that makes sense. More in line with what I was thinking too.

Enchanter has never really interested me and I didn't exactly have a knee-slapping good time charming with my Necro or Druid, so I could imagine I wouldn't enjoy Enchanter.

My Shaman is somewhat fun, which is probably why I have a Shaman alt and not an Enchanter.

Maybe I should just play what I enjoy and accept being moderately poor.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I should just play what I enjoy and accept being moderately poor.
Keep the game fun and you'll do better in the long run than you will if you push hard doing something you dislike then burn out and quit. A million platinum hoard doesn't do you any good if you're too disgusted by the game to log on. In the long run, platinum gets used *mostly* for either obtaining removed items or creating twink alts. High-end equipment is mostly no-drop and obtained primarily via raiding. Adequate-quality middle tier equipment like Thurgadin armor is not hugely expensive. Lower end stuff like traditional leveling gear is outright cheap for the most part. If you aren't constantly spending your money on alt characters, it'll eventually accumulate. I've been "moderately poor" for my entire time on P1999 and it has not stopped me from doing everything I set out to do, and a lot more besides.

Look at my wife's shaman versus Shamwowi: His has much better equipment, but it's largely irrelevant in practice. They mostly do the same types of activities. She can solo the same WW dragons he can. Same for enchanters, the enchanter wearing 10K of low-end leveling gear is going to solo the vast majority of the same camps the enchanter in north temple veeshan gear will do.

Danth
Old 01-04-2023, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter by a mile. I have well geared 60 of both classes. Enchanter so much better.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'd prob pick the class you want to play and figure out how to make plat with it later. Both are are good compared to say a knight...but an ench is just WAY better.

My first couple hundred thousand plat came from fine steel in HK. Two lvl 60's there plus a lot of alts. Just keep plugging away. Whether you sell fine steel, farm in chardok, velks (ench), droga (mage/monk/necro), etc over time if you stay committed you will make a lot of plat.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep the game fun and you'll do better in the long run than you will if you push hard doing something you dislike then burn out and quit. A million platinum hoard doesn't do you any good if you're too disgusted by the game to log on. In the long run, platinum gets used *mostly* for either obtaining removed items or creating twink alts. High-end equipment is mostly no-drop and obtained primarily via raiding. Adequate-quality middle tier equipment like Thurgadin armor is not hugely expensive. Lower end stuff like traditional leveling gear is outright cheap for the most part. If you aren't constantly spending your money on alt characters, it'll eventually accumulate. I've been "moderately poor" for my entire time on P1999 and it has not stopped me from doing everything I set out to do, and a lot more besides.
Yup. You want to earn plat so you can have fun. If you're not having fun grinding plat, and you are doing that most of the time, you are going to get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at my wife's shaman versus Shamwowi: His has much better equipment, but it's largely irrelevant in practice. They mostly do the same types of activities. She can solo the same WW dragons he can. Same for enchanters, the enchanter wearing 10K of low-end leveling gear is going to solo the vast majority of the same camps the enchanter in north temple veeshan gear will do.

Danth
Agreed. Once you have Torpor, that is the biggest boost you will get on your Shaman. Most gear after that is only a very small bonus, other than clickies like Epic. For Shamans specifically, the best benefit to acquiring raid gear is the resistances. Since Shamans don't have any good way to interrupt spells, you want the best resistances possible to just tank the spell and resist it.

The alternative is to buy resistance gear in every slot and swap to it as needed, but non-raid resistance gear will generally drop your HP by hundreds of points, so you need to be more careful at keeping your HP levels at the right spot. It is also annoying/bag intensive.

But again, raid gear really isn't a requirement for anything a Torpor Shaman can do, it is more of a QoL thing. You can save bag space and be lazier on your playstyle, since you won't be punished as hard for mistakes or bad luck.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2023 at 09:34 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But again, raid gear really isn't a requirement for anything a Torpor Shaman can do, it is more of a QoL thing.
Good way of putting it. I expect your character should have more margin for error or more staying power if something goes bad. There are a probably a few places you might solo (maybe some stuff in chardok or some such) where we'd have to duo, but having one more person along at worst is hardly the end of the universe.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Banned

I grinded out enough cash to buy my Monk a Fungi Tunic, Haste item, and IFS/SoS/Ada Club, among other items.

I transferred it all over to my monk last night - fought a few mobs and barely noticed a difference.

I guess it's really only good for fresh, new characters.

But that was disappointing. Starting to get bored and I'm trying to find that new spark of joy in EQ.

This is about the point where I quit for a few months.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Cool

The real answer is any class that farms legacy items early enough on a new server. Also those (of any class) who spends his or her DKP on high value tradables and shamelessly sells DKP earned loot - or fairly, depending on if the guild policy or if the guild disintegrates etc..

Barring that, enchanter for sure over shaman if you dont mind dying occasionally and have some good friendships for all those rezzes or small groups or duos w a cleric. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nparse + Gina make chantering alot easier on P99 even though neither is strictly necessary. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay strong my friends, and don't forget to have fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 10:11 AM
Banned

I'm thinking of playing an Enchanter.

Not because it's a money-maker, but because I've never played one before.