Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-23-2023, 03:35 PM
Banned

When ppl say shaman is easier, idk how I feel about that

My enchanter was the easiest experience I’ve ever had playing p99
It felt like I was playing the game on easy mode or with cheat codes

Everyone was my best friend and I never had bad groups because by virtue of being a good enchanter, I made the groups good by charming OP mobs and basically keeping everything CC’d

On my shaman it feels like getting a good group can be challenging, and I’ve almost never had an enchanter in my group, thus making the grouping experience much harder, and quite frankly, it’s exhausting af to play a shaman compared to almost any other class. I do it all though, I’m not one of those lazy shamans who sit there meditating and who never use a pet, slow/root, or buff. I do all that and main heal in between mashing cannibalize 500 times a minute.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everyone was my best friend and I never had bad groups because by virtue of being a good enchanter, I made the groups good by charming OP mobs and basically keeping everything CC’d

On my shaman it feels like getting a good group can be challenging, and I’ve almost never had an enchanter in my group, thus making the grouping experience much harder, and quite frankly, it’s exhausting af to play a shaman compared to almost any other class. I do it all though, I’m not one of those lazy shamans who sit there meditating and who never use a pet, slow/root, or buff. I do all that and main heal in between mashing cannibalize 500 times a minute.
When people say "easier", they just mean you don't need to put quite as much effort into a Torpor Shaman.

Enchanters have many tools to make this game much easier, but charming in general requires more brain power. This is because charm breaks are random, so you need to spend more attention span to stay up to date on your pet's status.

When Shaman's solo, their playstyle is very consistent. Either you slow the mob in the first minute and win, or don't slow the mob and reset the fight. You can just Gina all of the important spells, because they won't randomly break.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any shaman just needs to find a similar level monk or warrior. Duo 4 lyfe.