Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mom n sister - not your problem
Degree - waste of time
Part time job - waste of time
Part time work is good when independently wealthy to ‘keep in touch with the common man’, laugh at his problems.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

My best part time coworkers were always independently wealthy.

They actually worked and showed up on time. Would pitch in even when they could have legitimately stood around the water cooler.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mom n sister - not your problem
Degree - waste of time
Part time job - waste of time
As assholish as this comment is, it’s mostly true.

You are going to have a difficult time taking care of anyone if you are broke. College doesn’t make you non broke, student loans can kill your income.

If I were you, I would hustle into some type of commercial or industrial construction or clean up. Those companies often will pay for you to go to college if you go into the right degree like engineering. In the meantime, you can be making 60,000 starting out.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Banned

The most lucrative 4 year degree is a major in Business.

It is also one of the easiest degrees to get, with a fair portion of the exams being open book tests.

If you carry it on to a post graduate degree it becomes even more lucrative, all but assuring you an officer position in a medium to publicly traded firm.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Banned

Btw if you wait till you're 25 working in a modest job without breaking over 40k/year then get yourself fired/laid off, you can apply for fafsa and pretty much get a free ride thru college
Old 12-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
work hard, eat clean, exercise, have sex

you'll be fine
Good simple advice.

Always focus on yourself first. It may sound selfish, but you won't be able to take care of anyone else if you can't even take care of yourself. Business comes first, pleasure and fun comes later. "work hard, eat clean, exercise, have sex" is all business. If you are lacking in any of those categories, then you need to log the fuck off EQ and take care of business. Everything else will fall into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't go into debt for school. go to community college 2 years and xfer to an in state school. get a degree in something with solid job prospects (comp sci is best followed by accounting or finance). if you aren't interested in any of those go to trade school and learn hvac or plumbing trade. don't go into debt. work part time when not in school / while in school if you can manage it. learn to set up a budget (every dollar spent has a name). learn how to invest savings into stock market. try to save and invest as much as you can. once you get a big boy job move out and continue to save and invest. don't go into debt
I like this advice too. Avoid debt. Don't be the typical college dipshit and insist on the best schools and switch your major multiple times. Pick something, stick with it, go to community college. Get out as fast as you can and join the work force. Start making money and keep working while in school.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most lucrative 4 year degree is a major in Business.

It is also one of the easiest degrees to get, with a fair portion of the exams being open book tests.

If you carry it on to a post graduate degree it becomes even more lucrative, all but assuring you an officer position in a medium to publicly traded firm.
If i had a dollar for every idiot who got a business degree and laughed out of every interview id have more money then gwaihirs portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw if you wait till you're 25 working in a modest job without breaking over 40k/year then get yourself fired/laid off, you can apply for fafsa and pretty much get a free ride thru college
Loser
Old 12-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Banned

cap is african american slang
Old 12-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Business and communications seemed to be a catch-all back when I was in school.

School was a waste of time for me. I found the challenge of getting into one of the most competitive schools on the west coast really exciting and fullfilling, but once I started, the pure amount of time and money that was wasted was enough to make me drop out.

I see guys that are running cranes and driving trucks making more than lawyers, dentists, engineers and doing that without any student loans. One of my clients has his own trucking authority and profits over half a million a year. His wife runs an in home adult family care program and makes over a hundred thousand doing that. They are from Southeast Asia and neither of them have degrees. They just hustle every day and have made a good living over the past 30 years.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

Don't ask your dentist about your car, nor your mechanic about your teeth.
Closed Thread