Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gwaihr, America is steampunk, coal fueled, liquid petrol wildwest w/gun freedom fighter.

Not mud huts.

The real 1st world flies past us with hydrogen fuel cells and natural gas, solar, etc. As those governments will not allow ExxonMobil eternal dominion over energy production.
Hydrogen energy is really interesting to me. From my understanding, we can have basically an unlimited amount of cheap energy. Like you can drive to New York from California for $20
Old 12-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

has your country even landed on the moon yet? srs
Old 12-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Banned

It requires building new factories and retooling them to build the right stuff, and it requires manufacturing and packaging, and safety - which requires more money.

The initial investment is in the Trillions, no one is going to do that when the states get uppity about you having a hydrogen bomb in your car.

But the science for the tech and industry is there. Behind a Jstor paywall.

Low power stuff is popular in the cutting edge electronics field because smart bombs that require tiny fuel cells, or can just run off the rocket motor already powering the missile are woke. And don't require big dangerous amounts of power coupled to them. And are also lighter.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-13-2020 at 01:37 PM..
Old 12-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It requires building new factories and retooling them to build the right stuff, and it requires manufacturing and packaging, and safety - which requires more money.

The initial investment is in the Trillions, no one is going to do that when the states get uppity about you having a hydrogen bomb in your car.

But the science for the tech and industry is there. Behind a Jstor paywall.
I believe the same thing was said of Lithium Batteries. Once the technology gets more stable, it will be viable.

Then all that needs to happen is the government needs to find a way to make money off it and we are golden.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ya- thx topgun

also ya'll know i'm just trollin i don't know shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but am pretty hopeful because i seen some cool aplications of it on a small local level with a tiny river/creek feeding a hydroelectric processing facility to store hydrogen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], the goal here was to run the bathroom, keep the lights on at the park. I obviously live in a generally, very, wet climate tho, with a watershead that can barely handle the yearly influx of rain, but it's not keeping up with refilling the aquifer, so there are issues with sucking all the water out of the system.

Definitely enough to power a lowfi low power EQ box. Not like an RTX 2080, but like a small tiny thinkpad thing. Think the maiiin issue would be then transmitting the data back to the big server over thousands of miles, that's going to require a large, less sustainable source of power. But the smaller bits interlocking into the bigger systems can be made much more efficient over time.

Inevitably we are going to want to mine juipiter and some how deal with the radiation/utilize the radiation in that system. If we make it thru the filters, and singularities.

I think a big issue with alternative power to gas and coal, may be that we can't sustain 7billion people on that without mudhuts. More like 3billion of 500 million. Or whatever # the illuminati want.

In the long run, I think the best humanity can do is leave a forumpost for the next species, generation maybe even. To find while it migrates around the cosmos, solarsystem. Should that species even be able to survive the travel/be long lived, sustainable, would need to be the evil mechanicals and el-oh-himms. hyymms or w/e we think the angels are. My linguistics is broken.

insert[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]bligatory:self:referential:barf:gif
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-13-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Old 12-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ya- thx topgun

also ya'll know i'm just trollin i don't know shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but am pretty hopeful because i seen some cool aplications of it on a small local level with a tiny river/creek feeding a hydroelectric processing facility to store hydrogen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], the goal here was to run the bathroom, keep the lights on at the park. I obviously live in a generally, very, wet climate tho, with a watershead that can barely handle the yearly influx of rain, but it's not keeping up with refilling the aquifer, so there are issues with sucking all the water out of the system.

Definitely enough to power a lowfi low power EQ box. Not like an RTX 2080, but like a small tiny thinkpad thing. Think the maiiin issue would be then transmitting the data back to the big server over thousands of miles, that's going to require a large, less sustainable source of power. But the smaller bits interlocking into the bigger systems can be made much more efficient over time.

Inevitably we are going to want to mine juipiter and some how deal with the radiation/utilize the radiation in that system. If we make it thru the filters, and singularities.

I think a big issue with alternative power to gas and coal, may be that we can't sustain 7billion people on that without mudhuts. More like 3billion of 500 million. Or whatever # the illuminati want.

In the long run, I think the best humanity can do is leave a forumpost for the next species, generation maybe even. To find while it migrates around the cosmos, solarsystem. Should that species even be able to survive the travel/be long lived, sustainable, would need to be the evil mechanicals and el-oh-himms. hyymms or w/e we think the angels are. My linguistics is broken.

insert[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]bligatory:self:referential:barf:gif
The charitable thing would be to exhaust fossil fuels first. Remove the pitfall of a polluting dead end for the our replacements before they even begin.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The charitable thing would be to exhaust fossil fuels first. Remove the pitfall of a polluting dead end for the our replacements before they even begin.
It's going to all go back into the ground as the squids rise up out of the oceans.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one has landed on the moon yet, anyone who believes people have been on the moon is uneducated.

Hence why they keep talking about it then pushing the dates further out yet we went 30 years ago? Sure lol
Old 12-13-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one has landed on the moon yet, anyone who believes people have been on the moon is uneducated.

Hence why they keep talking about it then pushing the dates further out yet we went 30 years ago? Sure lol
Check out this guy, he believes in moons! If the moon is real, what prevents it falling to ground? Checkmate ‘scientists’.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:56 PM
Banned

Well JPL says MASCONs are natural and from impacts causing denser material to flow and acrete in certain spots ont he moon, seems legit. Seeeeems reasonable. -ish, in many cases.

So my earlier snarky assertion is invalid.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-13-2020 at 06:02 PM..
Closed Thread