Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Default Brown Rust Dye - Fine Plate Greaves

For some reason I am unable to dye Fine Plate Greaves with Brown Rust Dye. It gives the message "wrong container type". Items in the forge:
  1. Fine Plate Greaves
  2. 1 Brown Rust Dye
  3. 1 Jar of Acid
  4. 1 Jar of Lacquer

I am able to dye other slots Brown Rust color, including Breastplate, bracer, helm, arms, boots, gloves. I have also previously dyed greaves other colors before. So this may be a bug specific to this color/slot combination.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-13-2020, 03:55 AM
Project Manager

This recipe currently requires 'Green Fine Plate Greaves' as a component. Which is weird; seems it should be 'Fine Plate Greaves'?

Annnd, looking on eqtraders, the recipe also calls for Green Fine Plate Greaves.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=080100110000
Old 12-13-2020, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Very strange. I will try after dying the greaves green then.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Project Manager

Using Green Greaves as a component should work currently, but it still seems like a bug to me. Maybe eqtraders had it wrong, and we referenced that site for the recipe.

Either way, additional evidence and/or someone even trying the recipe on eqlive would count as supplemental.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Green Fine Plate Greaves does indeed work for this recipe. Made the Brown Rust ones today. Certainly does appear to be a bug. Not motivated enough to boot up live to test it.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

I really think this is just an EQ Traders fail, because EQ Traders even contradicts themselves. If you look at the earliest dye page on the site (back when it was simple HTML), from Feb 02, 2001, they're very clear:

Quote:
How to dye your armor:

Take a completed piece of fine steel plate armor, place it in the forge along with 1 dye ...
Allakhazam also lists the correct recipe, https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...l?recipe=21508 ... and it has done so since the first Waback entry (which unfortunately was only from 2010 ... but hopefully it can serve as a proxy for live?):

Quote:
1 x Fine Plate Greaves - Crafted
It seems far more likely that EQ Traders introduced a data entry error, when they switched from HTML to using a proper database for the site ... than that they themselves previously had it wrong, and so did other major sites like 'Zam.

Also FWIW, as an old school trade schoolers myself, I don't remember any issues like this (not that memory is worth much).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-19-2020 at 05:39 PM..