Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 12:51 AM
Banned

Default Advice on life

Hello people of Norrath,

It's a very tough time of the year. We all know that. I am writing because I seek advice.

This is not a post to beg for attention. There are some things in my life right now and I

am having a very hard time. The main reason is my own father. I never had a good

relationship with him. Or with anyone in his entire family (not an exaggeration).

I hate the fact that his blood is in my veins and wish he wasn't my father. All he does

is be a hypocrite and fight with everyone in the family. He went to jail multiple times

in my life for selling drugs and robbery. I don't even know what it feels like to have a
father. Just the other day, he

spent 200 bucks on "something". My mom asked him nicely, "Hey, what did buy

today?". For some retarded reason, he got pissed off and told my mom to stop being

loud and angry (which she was clearly not). Another thing that pisses me off is that

he thinks he's smarter than everyone but in reality, he skipped high school and got

a GED. Whenever he fights with my mom, he would not talk to anyone and go out

spend a couple of hundred dollars on prostitutes. I can't take this anymore. I feel

like I don't have a family and it's all torn apart. Whenever he gets pissed off, he would

go out for a very long time. After a while, he would beg us to forgive him. I just

want to know what it's like to have a father. My own mother regrets marrying him

and have already divorced him but because he keeps begging us to come back and

we are very tight on funds we forced ourselves to tolerate him. They are still fighting

right now as I write this. The funny thing is that 95 percent of the time, my mother is

correct and it's just my father being a fucking retard. My own hope right now is to

finish college and get my degree.

My dad can go rot on the streets while my mother, I will take care of the rest

of my life as she is the only one who cares for me. Sorry, this is a dumb post. Feel

free to ignore this, it is a bit of a ramble and I don't care what anyone says.

But if anyone has advice on what to do with this situation, please I want to hear.

Tunabros
Old 12-11-2020, 12:52 AM
Banned

why are u mean to trans women? how can i take your emotional plea seriously? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i honestly wish it wasn't like this, and thought it wouldn't be when u started posting. I will contemplate your post and reply again, but I hope as you experience your holiday emotions you will pause and think about others who also do. Don't beat yourself up, just think about it. Will reply again, godbless
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 12-11-2020 at 12:54 AM..
Old 12-11-2020, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are u mean to trans women? how can i take your emotional plea seriously? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i honestly wish it wasn't like this, and thought it wouldn't be when u started posting.
How am I mean to trans women? I don't have anything against you. Your a human

being like everyone else. i don't judge on sexuality. I judge by character.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:55 AM
Banned

you said magnetaress's gender being F was a "cap", which i discerned later is some kind of asian kid slang for lie. I found this mean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2020, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you said magnetaress's gender being F was a "cap", which i discerned later is some kind of asian kid slang for lie. I found this mean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always assume magnetaress was a guy and thought you were just joking. Sorry if I

offended you. Cap isn't an Asian kid slang. Its a slang used by younger generations in

the United States.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

The only advice I can give you is, warren buffet says nobody follows his direction because they dont want to get rich slow.

I say since youre in college, trying to get your degree, buy two books: any book warrn buffet has. And Rich dad Poor dad.

Focus on the instructions of those books, incremental increases in wealth.

By the time it reallyl matters, you will have everything you need to make your mother happy for the rest of her life. Maturity, success, and safety.

Incremental, slow growth, will come faster than you can ever expect it.

Be the change you want to be! Be the dad you wish you had.

And most importantly procrastinate all of this for 1 more day of everquest, forever.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2020, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only advice I can give you is, warren buffet says nobody follows his direction because they dont want to get rich slow.

I say since youre in college, trying to get your degree, buy two books: any book warrn buffet has. And Rich dad Poor dad.

Focus on the instructions of those books, incremental increases in wealth.

By the time it reallyl matters, you will have everything you need to make your mother happy for the rest of her life. Maturity, success, and safety.

Incremental, slow growth, will come faster than you can ever expect it.

Be the change you want to be! Be the dad you wish you had.

And most importantly procrastinate all of this for 1 more day of everquest, forever.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reply. I sure as hell will not be a father and husband like that.

If I ever become like, I will literally kill myself. It is horrible being a bad husband but

to be a horrible father is a much greater sin in my opinion. Prayers to everyone

who lived without one or had a shitty one.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Banned

homes with conflict are one of the most terrible situations on earth. The thing which got me thru some times was remembering that all things are temporary. It seems you are young, and perspective on time scale is really hard to have when you're young. It will be over like the blink of an eye, though, and I think the main thing is try and limit the trauma it causes you. Don't obsess over this, but, the more it upsets you, the more time it will disrupt in the future. So try and be calm. Don't analyze the actions of ppl as though they are rational actors. This sounds like mental illness, and you just can't hold that to the typical standard of morality, although you can and should protect yourself from it. Don't waste time hating your father, as much as you can avoid it.

One stupid trick is headphones that block out the sound of fighting. Just making a habit of using them can shield you from even noticing some fights happened.

But the main thing is to keep focus on your work and get through things, and time will change your situation. You could also maybe get a job, if it could make the difference between needing your dad around. He sounds like a toxic character, and it is fair based on your description to get him out of the house if that can be managed, I think. But if it's not an option, just be strong and think of future love.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 12-11-2020 at 01:05 AM..
Old 12-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always assume magnetaress was a guy and thought you were just joking. Sorry if I

offended you. Cap isn't an Asian kid slang. Its a slang used by younger generations in

the United States.
sorry for heckling you, I must be a little over sensitive especially here.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
One stupid trick is headphones that block out the sound of fighting. Just making a habit of using them can shield you from even noticing some fights happened.

there's one problem. I don't exactly feel safe with him. I feel scared he will go berserk

one day and kill us all. But he doesn't exactly have the strongest physique. I could

easily overpower him. I guess you are right. I will have to wait in see. Hopefully,

God has better plans for me down the road.
Closed Thread