Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even during PoP exp 1-60 is still a solid grind. I think someone mentioned XP is signficantly accelerated, but I remember a no-life summer my junior year of high school where Stromm Launched and I feel like it still ended up taking me almost all summer to hit 63 on my rogue by the time school started back up senior year. I was leveling on my rogue in all the hot spots with high xp the whole way, did highpass 20-50 pretty much and still a lot of hours.
Luclin is for sure still a grind, PoP probably just seems a lot shorter because books make traveling almost non-existent.
Old 08-12-2023, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is for sure still a grind, PoP probably just seems a lot shorter because books make traveling almost non-existent.
Bruh...
  • Plane of Knowledge can be ported into during any era, but Knowledge books are not present in any town. The Plane of Knowledge scrolls will be added to one of the level appropriate druid and wizard portal merchants that normally sell planar ports for Wizards.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 08-13-2023, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Subcribed. I look forward to watching your career with great interest, Project Quarm.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:05 AM
Kobold

It's easy to get SIM cards to get around the IP rules.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol Quarm is gonna be FTE

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubtful. Rotations are more likely. FTE for early expansion kills, rotations when enough guilds come together.
Old 08-14-2023, 03:34 PM
Kobold

lol tried the beta.... not good. plays like a 30fps, hacky, half baked imitation Evequest. the truebox PoP emu dream has died again. /cry
Old 08-14-2023, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Uthgaard is on board.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol Quarm is gonna be FTE

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're launching with the FTE system from P99. I expect to iterate on it, or remove it VERY quickly.

Ideally my goal would be raid rotations.

As others have mentioned, the server has changed drastically since the OP since there's been a lot of interest in the server.

There's a lot of era locking that is done now that I didn't originally plan to do. More focused on a P99-style experience.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-14-2023, 05:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol tried the beta.... not good. plays like a 30fps, hacky, half baked imitation Evequest. the truebox PoP emu dream has died again. /cry
Well I'm sorry - I've worked on this for a total of 2 weeks since TAKP released open source, just about. We're working as quickly as we can, but also, TAKP folks have played with this same client with the same issues since 2014 and without mouse wheel. If they can get over it, you can too.

We're going to be adjusting some of this stuff so it's less frame dependent, doubtful it'll be in for launch. If that sucks for you, play on P99. It'll be here when it's fixed up to your standards.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:11 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're after fully classic ZEMs, I compiled a list here based on extensive research:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=24

There was also a special ZEM from levels 1-6 of 100, no matter your zone:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...44&postcount=1
Thanks for this btw. The folks internally have been reviewing the info so we can 'get this right' for the right eras on launch and such.

Closed Thread