Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Kobold

I always have FD mem'ed...

Screaming Terror isn't 100% - or at least, I've not had it work as well as Lull on my cleric or chanter does. Especially goblins in SolA - they seem to just gang up on you when you try to cast Screaming Terror on them...

I always keep a pet up, and keep the pet buffed... and I keep an extra 20-30% mana on hand at all times. I have handled adds as above, but sometimes I end up snare/dot'ing them both, and kiting. Run, sit, med.... And if it's obvious things are going to go bad, then head towards zone line. Or FD. If you CAN FD. Sometimes you just gonna die. Oh - and don't pull a "me" - remember to click off your lich spell if your hp's are dropping.... Don't just sit and agonize and wonder why you are still dying.... Don't ask how I know...

And now that I have root, I do have that mem'ed constantly, too. Bottom two spell gems: Root & FD...
Last edited by tobolamr; 02-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Kobold

Outdoors, I just fear the add. Usually I pull back to areas where I wouldn't expect the mob to run far enough or into an area where more would come. However, if that's a concern, snare em too - finish first mob.

This is much easier with Invoke Fear because of how long it lasts.

Indoors, you've got a few ways to split and avoid adds, but if an add comes along. I usually root and back pet off. If it's a caster hit em with the Screaming Terror.

Really it all comes down to getting root at 34 or utilizing Screaming Terror at 20 (or using your undead root at 16, depending) to hold the add off until the first mob is dead and you can either take care of the second mob or reclaim pet/FD (get you a mage focus item for the reclaim, it's a nice handy little tool in situations like that so you don't lose out burning pet).
Old 02-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Also remember you can split pull with screaming terror. Say you've got a pull of 2 guards, pull with screaming terror, let the guard get out of aggro range of your pet who is about to hit and engage the other guard... then feign death.

Once ST wears off the 2nd guard you're good to stand up and apply dots etc to the first one...and most of the time the pet isn't too beat up ^^
Old 02-28-2017, 07:55 AM
Sarnak

Screaming terror is more for splitting pulls and recharming pets, not so great for CC. The art for necro's is splitting the pulls so you don't get adds until you get to 49, and get a root worth a damn.

A screaming terror mez can be clutch in a group situation, but it's 3 tick duration, isn't really feasible/efficient for CCing while soloing.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A screaming terror mez can be clutch in a group situation, but it's 3 tick duration, isn't really feasible/efficient for CCing while soloing.
Without the purple enchanter glow I found in groups that more people attack a necro mezzed mob thinking I applied a dot or something to it. Not too hard to recast, if you ever played a bard its that kind of refresh rate I suppose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

did not read OP, but screaming terror slot 1 + kromzek surveyor scope