Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichomachean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ This. Just tell Avast to exclude the file or to ignore .dll scans when programs run and, after restoring dsetup.dll, EQ runs just fine. Saved me a headache of reinstalling EQ and retweaking UIs and all that business. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I do this?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Large Bat

also trying to resolve this issue with avast. hopefully an update will help considering no exclusions are working
Old 03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

just REPAIR in "unistall program window"

and delete those files
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

enjoy playing
Last edited by LaMort; 03-14-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I do this?
When the message pops up that the file has been moved to the chest, you will have two options, one to exclude the .dll file from future scans, and one to report it as a false positive. Choose the first. Then open Avast user interface, go to Maintenance --> Virus Chest, right click on DSETUP.DLL and click restore.

Worked for me. I should have gotten a "You have gotten better at computers! (3)" message somehow. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I hit restore from the Virus Chest but it still doesn't work.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahlia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the message pops up that the file has been moved to the chest, you will have two options, one to exclude the .dll file from future scans, and one to report it as a false positive. Choose the first. Then open Avast user interface, go to Maintenance --> Virus Chest, right click on DSETUP.DLL and click restore.

Worked for me. I should have gotten a "You have gotten better at computers! (3)" message somehow. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's the option to exclude the .dll file from future scans?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I get the error from EQ, Avast also opens a red window announcing proudly (and rather stupidly, in this case) "SUSPICIOUS FILE BLOCKED". "Add the file to the scan exclusion list" is the first of two listed options.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Real-time Shields > File System Shield - Last checked should be Dsetup.dll. From here go to "Expert Settings" and then "Exclusions". Now add an exclusion for your file path. Mine is C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\Dsetup.dll

Now go to your chest and restore the file. Done.

Edit - The above method is to exclude it from executions. As in, when you start EQ it snatches the .dll. To remove it from manual and scheduled scans go to Settings->Exclusions and then enter the file path.
Last edited by Mehrk; 03-14-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahlia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I get the error from EQ, Avast also opens a red window announcing proudly (and rather stupidly, in this case) "SUSPICIOUS FILE BLOCKED". "Add the file to the scan exclusion list" is the first of two listed options.
I had silent gaming mode on. I turned it off and I got the pop up. I added the file to the scan exclusion list and then restored it. I then ran everquest and got the same error. Looked in the Virus chest and the .dll file was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehrk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real-time Shields > File System Shield - Last checked should be Dsetup.dll. From here go to "Expert Settings" and then "Exclusions". Now add an exclusion for your file path. Mine is C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\Dsetup.dll

Now go to your chest and restore the file. Done.
Yea its excluded 13 times. I still get the same error mesage.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Large Bat

update your avast client and then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehrk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]