Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Default What Level to Start an Alt?

What level do most folks on P99 start playing an alt seriously?

I've been on this server for over a year (I think) but I don't play as much as I'd like, so my necro is still in his mid 30's. And, while I wouldn't mind taking him into the raid levels, I've been itching to try another character.

An untwinked melee seems more challenging (and tedious) than a necro, perhaps not as cool, but still a melee seems to have a bit less sure of the outcome of many battles.

Anyway just wondering.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Personal preference tbh. I have about 8 characters and still get the alt bug and honestly its totally random. I can get inspiration from a book, movie or even another character on p99. Once i come up with a cool sounding race/class and backstory (i also have a lot of fashion in mind as well) i usually just create the new character, sometimes i stick with them and sometimes i end up stripping them for another new char, lol.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

I focused on getting my necro to 60 first. Then I farmed seafuries until I could fund a monk with a fungi, tinker bags etc.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Banned

I made alts throughout my main's journey.

Usually when I get bored.

Depends on the class though. You can level a druid to 34 and port to a majority of destinations, make some money, and gear up an alt.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Once your main gets high enough level that you have to sit around waiting for an exp group, you are ready for an alt for sure.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Just whenever you want. There’s no “right way” to play EverQuest. Whatever you find fun, sounds like the best way to play
Old 10-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Large Rat

Old 10-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once your main gets high enough level that you have to sit around waiting for an exp group, you are ready for an alt for sure.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

I hit 60 on my rogue before I made an alt
Old 10-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

When talking about alts, you really need to distinguish between twinked and untwinked. This type of alt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been on this server for over a year (I think) but I don't play as much as I'd like, so my necro is still in his mid 30's. And, while I wouldn't mind taking him into the raid levels, I've been itching to try another character.
is very different from this type:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I focused on getting my necro to 60 first. Then I farmed seafuries until I could fund a monk with a fungi, tinker bags etc.
The former are a distraction from getting level 60; the latter are what you do once you hit 60.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread