Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Large Rat

So I had this problem after I upgraded my computer to a 8700k and kept my GTX970.

I recently got a 144hz monitor as well ..

Turns out it was the screen's problem, I have a 60Hz monitor as secondary monitor running on a DVI connector.

And Nvidia+Windows 10 has some problem with that..

Reddit with more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac..._monitor_with/

Basically you can move the secondary monitor to the internal GPU (mobo) or put main screen (144hz monitor) to 120Hz (double 60Hz which evens out the problem)

Using only displayport cables might also work..

No idea if this is the problem everyone else is facing but I'd put it here just in case.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I had this problem after I upgraded my computer to a 8700k and kept my GTX970.

I recently got a 144hz monitor as well ..

Turns out it was the screen's problem, I have a 60Hz monitor as secondary monitor running on a DVI connector.

And Nvidia+Windows 10 has some problem with that..

Reddit with more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac..._monitor_with/

Basically you can move the secondary monitor to the internal GPU (mobo) or put main screen (144hz monitor) to 120Hz (double 60Hz which evens out the problem)

Using only displayport cables might also work..

No idea if this is the problem everyone else is facing but I'd put it here just in case.

holy crap THANK YOU. this was definitely the issue and it solved another issue i was not aware of in that reddit link!
Old 01-17-2021, 03:25 PM
Kobold

I don't stutter, I will randomly just freeze and crash. Got me killed a few times now, only happens when I'm using mouselook
Old 01-31-2021, 10:22 PM
Aviak

I had this issue as well and the problem turned out to be Nvidia. Not sure what sepcifically, but I reinstalled just the video card driver without all the other crap that Nvidia tries to install with it and the problem went away. I then tried reinstalling with all the other optional stuff and the problem came back.

I also tried ending task on all the Nvidia processes running, most of which just started up again, and the problem went away. So one of those processes running in the background is the culprit.