Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

If anyone has any fixes for a Radeon/AMD user pls let me know, capped at 35
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 09-17-2020, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

@Skarne, first off, are you using WinEQ2? If you are, try doing this below and see if you have better frames.

Secondly, try just renaming your eqclient.ini to eqclient.ini.old

Then try to open the game using the "Launch Titanium.bat" link provided by the P99 patch files downloaded. Then run the "Options" and setup those according to your video card. Is the card that EQ recognizes the one that you are expecting?

If after doing those steps and you see the FPS go any higher than 35, then it may be that you were using WinEQ2 and had the option for "EQPlayNice" to be on and possibly configured to limit your FPS to 35. (Mine was set to be limiting at 40 exactly) I am using a Ryzen 5 AMD integrated APU, after turning off the "EQPlayNice" option for my EQ shortcut in Preferences and closing and restarting the WinEQ2 application, I am now able to go over 40 FPS and am no longer locked.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:10 AM
Kobold

I noticed a similar issue with framerate effectively capping at 37 when I upgraded to Win10 build 2004. I reverted back to 1903 and I immediately went back to 60fps.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Skarne, first off, are you using WinEQ2? If you are, try doing this below and see if you have better frames.

Secondly, try just renaming your eqclient.ini to eqclient.ini.old

Then try to open the game using the "Launch Titanium.bat" link provided by the P99 patch files downloaded. Then run the "Options" and setup those according to your video card. Is the card that EQ recognizes the one that you are expecting?

If after doing those steps and you see the FPS go any higher than 35, then it may be that you were using WinEQ2 and had the option for "EQPlayNice" to be on and possibly configured to limit your FPS to 35. (Mine was set to be limiting at 40 exactly) I am using a Ryzen 5 AMD integrated APU, after turning off the "EQPlayNice" option for my EQ shortcut in Preferences and closing and restarting the WinEQ2 application, I am now able to go over 40 FPS and am no longer locked.
I will try it! Thank you. I do not have WinEQ2 I will try to download that and configure.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 09-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

it's your drivers
roll back your catalyst
Old 09-18-2020, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

WinEQ2 wasnt the issue. I'm not sure how to rollback my drivers, and idk if thats a good idea considering I also play many current games.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed a similar issue with framerate effectively capping at 37 when I upgraded to Win10 build 2004. I reverted back to 1903 and I immediately went back to 60fps.
How do I try and revert back? My apologies I am not very good with computers. Is there any way you can describe how I could do that?
Old 09-18-2020, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

getting drivers from your manufacturers website is a better idea then downgrading windows which you will most likely not be able to do
Old 09-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

drivers you get from windows are not the same drivers from your manufacture
manufacture drivers will always be better
Old 09-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

and what game you are playing meaning nothing to your gpu if you have manufacture drivers
i said rollback your drivers "assuming" you have them in the first place

software doesn't make your gpu better