Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter Practice Zones?

So i read a lot of posts/ threads about how important a good chanter is and i'm just wondering if there are any specific pulls that you would be able to practice on with a group in lower level zones. AKA like crushbone or something where I can work on mezzing and such so i can develop my skills for when i get higher level.
Anything specific come to mind to all you chanters out there?
Any thoughts or info is appreciated. Thanks.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So i read a lot of posts/ threads about how important a good chanter is and i'm just wondering if there are any specific pulls that you would be able to practice on with a group in lower level zones. AKA like crushbone or something where I can work on mezzing and such so i can develop my skills for when i get higher level.
Anything specific come to mind to all you chanters out there?
Any thoughts or info is appreciated. Thanks.
Any zone has multiple mob pulls.

EC - Orc camp 1 or 2.

Crushbone - Trainer hill or slaver cave, or heck, the castle

Befallen - .....the entire zone?

Depends on what level you are but just look around and try to make it difficult on yourself, learn the mechanics as you go.

I hardly ever solo'd as an ench (level 53 now) and I'd like to think i'm a pretty decent enchanter. I made it TO group with a similar mindset like yourself.

Basically just go out, get a group and try to push them to the limit, that's what enchatners do - enhance and augment the group/mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Actually know what? Since you're a starting enchanter take a look at this, read it well and learn what's going to be happening:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...nchanter_Guide

VERY thoughtful guide. This is what I read when I first got into being an enchanter. I never really charm very much, just not my playstyle yet (i'll get into it later) but this is an incredible guide and this is exactly where i'd start with your quest.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

awesome thank you
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Eh if your grouping a lot eventually you will get better. Not really any specific pulls anything with multiples that need to be mezed will be practice.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Nebi

Just play. The class is not that serious and its pretty easy to play.

The only buff I keep track of is clarity (and thats because I buff myself first) You melee want haste? better ask for that shit.

Kuchiki Rukia[60 Enchanter] <Transatlantic Rampage> Banned for Richgirl RMT. Remember 11.29.2011
Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play. The class is not that serious and its pretty easy to play.

The only buff I keep track of is clarity (and thats because I buff myself first) You melee want haste? better ask for that shit.
Your sig is awesome and thank you for the response. I prefer group oriented classes and get bored soloing. My first love is Cleric and I'm looking for another support class. Enchanter seems the next logical choice. I'll just keep playing and hopefully I don't suck and get a terrible reputation haha.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Should get plenty of mez practice even in crushbone. Besides the multi mob pulls,you'll also be dealing with a lot of people that aren't assisting properly. They'll break your mez and the fun will be increased!

Keep root loaded too because they probably haven't split up their chat windows from combat spam yet either. As such it'll take them roughly 180 seconds to pay attention to their group window after 2 pages of spam telling them to switch target. Expect a belated "sorry guys my bad" 3 pulls later when they get around to reading.

If you're grouping in a spot like crushbone wall with good visibility around you, go ahead and follow the tank out a little bit from your camp and mez incoming mobs before they get close enough to the group to begin with. Alternately just root them a distance away.

Keep your AE stun loaded. You should have your best AOE stun loaded at all times (in some situations, you'll want more than 1 loaded, but always have the highest duration one loaded at a minimum). If something breaks root/mez etc, stun the mob, walk away a little during the spell cooldown time, then CC the mob as soon as the cooldown is done. This is applicable for charm breaks too. Careful not to break any other mezzes you've already cast though, since the AE stun will hit any nearby mobs you've mezzed already. Get comfortable with the range on the AOE stun because if you aren't used to using it, it's larger than you think and once again you'll end up goofing up and breaking other mezzes you've cast. Ditto when you're using it to interrupt a caster.

If you can stay alive while CCing in a low/mid level dungeon, you're ahead of the game since the higher level you get, the larger the percentage of people you'll group with that correctly assist.
Last edited by Vondra; 09-26-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Wow thank you very much Vondra for that informative post. Im only level 5 at the moment but am really excited about learning this class since i never really played one in Live. I should be getting crushbone practice very soon.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Just practice charming. You will have to learn to use most of your skills to survive when charm breaks. You pull with tash, mez, charm, send pet, choke, when charm breaks you might have to aoe stun, then quickly mez, then recharm and root because you now have all the aggro.

Jboots or sow potions make things a lot easier, and a partner with snare and sow even better.
Closed Thread