Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Default 50's Shaman Solo Locations

Hey guys ive seen the Evil Shaman Solo guide locations and a few notable mentions to other locations. Currently I am soloing in CoM on the 2nd / 3rd floor. Would it be reasonable to go to Kael and XP in Kael on Giants to build up my faction while i level with decent armor drops or should i wait and stay in CoM? Just curious what you guys think with Velious out and other considerations like faction. I have my epic already.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

What's your primary focus? Exp? Faction? Money?

Most will tell you to just focus on exp until 60 and then money and faction comes easy. Are you trying to be less efficient? Are you tired of CoM? Is there something you really want now?
Old 03-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your primary focus? Exp? Faction? Money?

Most will tell you to just focus on exp until 60 and then money and faction comes easy. Are you trying to be less efficient? Are you tired of CoM? Is there something you really want now?
Honestly im looking to level fast primarily. But i want to be efficient as well. CoM is getting a little stale for me yes but im not sure if there is another spot that is as good. Any advice would be great!
Old 03-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Trying to solo Kael is not worth it. The mobs that give xp in the 50s have massive hp, tons of regen, are very resistant, die very slowly, don't come in manageable sized pulls given their dmg output and resists, and give relatively little xp.

Duo trio and full group do give you options for getting armor drops and faction, but the xp will suck.

For raw xp you'd be better off solo I'm CoM or grouped in KC, seb, or HS. If you had the option to do a solid xp group in Kael arena I'd opt for that, but at 54 it's unlikely you would pull your weight. Mobs are just too resistant in your low 50s to contribute very effectively.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Been a while but here's what I recall (grouping all over the place thrown in, but here's the best solo spots)

50-56 Ice Giants in Everfrost / Seafuries
56-60 Howling Stones solo in entrance and wings

Basically once you get Paralyzing Earth and epic you can sit in HS to 60, great zone excellent xp!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 03-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Seafuries is bad xp. Too few spawns with too many people camping them.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Solb, lguk, various guards, maybe hk? HS and com also good as others have stated...i always felt best xp for shm around this level is to duo with a good melee
Old 03-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned

this is my strat: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=224046 doubt there is anything faster, cus this shit is like butter on a hot day.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

52/53 HHK nobles. Much easier if not kos to isabella cellus* (pally faction from nfp i think)

53+ try duo howl stones basement with necro(with charm undead) get good pet gear! imo ignore the wings for exp....they are for loot and just too risky for grinding. Always found that south wing was doable with full grp of 54-56 peeps....inc enc/bard....otherwise its just slow and tricky.

54 zone into purgatory....

*killin her makes you kos in the bank in nfp....be warned barbies!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 03-03-2016 at 02:36 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECDubz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys ive seen the Evil Shaman Solo guide locations and a few notable mentions to other locations. Currently I am soloing in CoM on the 2nd / 3rd floor. Would it be reasonable to go to Kael and XP in Kael on Giants to build up my faction while i level with decent armor drops or should i wait and stay in CoM? Just curious what you guys think with Velious out and other considerations like faction. I have my epic already.
Not sure what level you are but guessing by you taking 3rd floor of CoM you are atleast level 56 with Paralyzing Earth. If this is the case you may want to consider dropping down to the Permafrost Bear Pits. Can get to 60 in a week if you play enough. Huge Zem fast re-spawn and tons of spawns. Hardest part is getting down there but I might be able to help you with that.

If not down with the Bear Pits you can do Velks soloing spiders on ground level or even grouping there. Or you can do Dwarf guards in Thurg B. Partner with a monk or warrior and faction up on Dwarves + xp. Good PP loot although you might have to have a mule parked there to hand off and sell.