Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I did 14-20+ all in East Karana as a druid, mostly charm killing wolves, snakes, griffawns and later crag spider aggro kiting with a charmed pet.
EK over Oasis all the way. Very few people in EK outside of other druids and people farming Craig spiders.. which means its easy to find another druid to duo charm kite and watch the Exp fly.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Crushbone TR with a pal or 2, or Unrest yard trash.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming gorge hounds in EK is an option, too. At 14, you may want to grab a lower level wolf and assist your pet a little more than you would normally with a couple more levels under your belt.
14 is too low for gorge hounds. don't bother.

Go to the entrance to Gorge of King Xorbb in East Karana. This place is usually populated by bards and other druids, but I have found there are plenty of mobs to go around. There are merchants and guards at houses immediately left of the clearing, where the canyon turns into plains. I bound at the NK druid ring for easy transport (for level 19 and 24 spells). This camp was incredible XP from 14 up to 25. Then I switched to root rotting crag spiders until 30.

Loot everything and sell at the merchants. When you collect enough copper and silver to encumber yourself, buy a cracked staff or gem and sell it back (or some other item that resells for similar value). This will convert silver/copper to gold/plat with very low cost (better than travelling to a bank).

You can charm lion matriarchs/patriarchs and snakes. I did that for 14-19. Had best luck with snakes. Once gorge hounds have been blue for 2 or 3 levels you can start charming them. Otherwise it is a hassle due to resists and charm breaks. This was around level 19 for me.

Gorge hounds can be found if you turn right at the fork in the path. There are more to the right of the giant hill if you run straight past the fork. DO NOT fight where you pickup the gorge hounds. Take them back to the clearing or you WILL agro several of them quickly. There are many of them. Also dark stalkers (black wolves) are slightly more dangerous.

There are two dangers at this camp:

(1) is a single griffawn that patrols across every 10 minutes or so. They are very fast (almost as fast as level 14 sow) and hit very fast but you can outrun them if you react quickly enough. I usually preempted by training it to the guard each time it spawned. Bonus points if you train it to the guard, start casting charm at ~50% health and charm lands when its at ~10%. Run it away and then release and snare/slay. This is risky mana-wise because the charm will most likely be resisted.

(2) at nighttime, sometimes evil eyes can spawn. I have seen more than one up at the same time before. They are undercon enchanters with pets and would be a handful for a druid unless you are level 24+ or are paired with a magician 20+. Even then they are dangerous. They can drop a Polished Bone Braclet which is a nice +3int +3wis ALL/ALL wrist item.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
14 is too low for gorge hounds. don't bother.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I started in EK at 14 charming/killing anything that's blue or white. You can set up shop between the NK/EK bridge, bandit camp and Druid ring (between 1, 4 and 2 on the wiki map) and avoid most pathers.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

LEVEL 14 DRUIDS

Go to kurns tower and group with a tank/melee till level 18. Find someone who is willing to spend hours playing. & even if you cant,. Likely there will be new replacements throughout the day.(speaking from experience) Unless it's like monday at low pop. then it doesn't matter where you exp. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't know of a better place level 12-18...
Old 04-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Aviak

Lavastorm.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

charm camens in oasis
Old 04-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah TR in CB is nice, but rare to see groups in there much lately. But between that and lfay, might keep you busy. Unrest can be good if you find a good group. imo karanas are best for a drui, just so much there to keep you busy for a long time. Make sure you do the gypsy camp quest, turn in lightstones and sell back the rewards.
Last edited by Daywolf; 04-12-2016 at 07:44 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

If you need money, kill wisps in WC and do the lightstone/greater lightstone quests.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

You've got a lot of options. There are always people in oasis and they arent picky about who joins. Dont be shy about putting lfg on, if you join a group be prepared to heal and CC instead of dps.