Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Kobold

Default Client crashes when logging out

Hi there, I recently came back after not having played since January. My game ran perfectly back then but since being back it has been crashing after I log out to character select screen.

This does not happen every time and I am unsure what causes it to happen. It probably occurs around 50% of the time.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Cheers
Old 06-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

This has been happening to me since maybe 2 patches ago.

Literally every time(more like 97% of the time, occasionally it will actually go to char select) I /camp it crashes client, and I've got to reload EQ. Sometimes it will look as if its loading to char select then just hangs in a black screen until the client crashes.

This started either with the big patches in march or april 2014 and never happened prior to that. I can't recall making any changes to my computer or it's settings; as far as I can tell something in one of those two patches caused this to start happening.

Besides a fresh installation, anyone have any suggestions to fix this or maybe find out what the issue is? It happens on any account as well as on different ISPs.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Last edited by Tasslehofp99; 06-08-2014 at 07:08 AM..
Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Kobold

That is really odd. Today for the first time ever I lost information from hovering over spells/buffs/items. Restarting my computer fixed that.

I'll try the compatibility mode for the crashing issues.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine was doing that too, I switched the shortcut to run in compatibility Mode for Windows XP, and it doesn't do it anymore, however when i mouseover buffs it no longer shows the name...odd, but I'll take the trade.

--Cripcelot(formerly Colcelot Povar)
how does one do this, can you give better instructions? I tried to google this on the web but was not able to complete the operation on my own.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

right click the shortcut, select properties, select the compatibility tab, choose your options.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 04-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right click the shortcut, select properties, select the compatibility tab, choose your options.
I dont see compatibility tab?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

What OS are you running?

Also try this, take a copy of your EQ directory and put it somewhere like c:\sony\everquest, change your shortcut to reflect the new path, and see if you crash.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 04-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What OS are you running?

Also try this, take a copy of your EQ directory and put it somewhere like c:\sony\everquest, change your shortcut to reflect the new path, and see if you crash.
windows 10

I will try that get back to you.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

I found my launch titanium.bat file and you're right, the shortcut doesn't have a compatibility option. However I've never used that, I've always created a shortcut to eqgame.exe directly. You may want to try that, then the compatibility options, if the copy doesn't work. Remember to include quotes if you have a space in the directory name such as "C:\program files\sony\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 04-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Banned

I am having good luck so far having moved my sony folder from programfiles86x to the main C:/ directory - seems to have done it!

seems

"seems to"

hehe

we'll see...