Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

Am I the only one excited for the inevitable sale to some big Chinese company, then the slew of predatory mobile games with an EQ skin that are sure to follow?

Wait, I'm not even excited for that either.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:26 AM
Banned

Smile

I learned alot in this thread. Thank you informative posters! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2020, 02:34 AM
Kobold

Why do all the sub companies sound like knock off genres, like Bubba Cola, or Mountain Lightning?
Old 01-25-2020, 02:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do all the sub companies sound like knock off genres, like Bubba Cola, or Mountain Lightning?
You talkin sh*t about Dr. Thunder Soda?
Old 01-25-2020, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talkin sh*t about Dr. Thunder Soda?
oh yah the knock off dr pepper.

-Donald Trump
Old 01-26-2020, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no idea PlanetSide and EQ had the same devs.
They never used to, but of course... if you want to keep your job in a company that scales back for 3-4 years straight, that's what you end up having to do.

It's Daybreak low key admitting they were shit at actually developing anything, and wanted to just milk their IPs until that got old. H1Z1 had a ton of potential but it was always too clunky and once the battle royale hit mainstream they were never going to get those players back without changing the engine.

The rest is just verging on embarrassing. PS2 was great in its day, but microtransactions killed the game....literally. EQ1 might have a small hardcore who'll always play a new server when it goes up, but for me you can't beat classic EQ with classic Freeport/content/items/looting/etc.

Good luck to these new studios, we all know they either aren't getting the funding to make anything amazing... or they'll themselves be seen on Kickstarter trying to get something together.
Closed Thread