Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Unless i am missing something here no one is thinking of haste really?

Resists are important but haste is one of the best stats in the game, unless you are planning on getting a no drop 41% haste item soon, save for a 36% cloak of flames or crystalline waters.

As general gearing advice for monks late game I would say weapon/epic fungi haste item then resists in that order unless you are still under 50 leveling in which case get the fungi first if you can
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 09-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Banned

He had a sash of the dragonborn and said he was saving for an rbg so that's probably why no one mentions haste.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:35 PM
Aviak

My point was without "good" haste, there's no point to the rest of the gear talked about, Fbss, SotD, Rbg, Rbb, anything other than 36-41% is trash level 50+, if it was me, I'd save for better haste period, then worry about other pieces.

You can be naked except Epic, Fungi and CoF and do almost as much damage as if your other slots were filled, little else matters with 76% self haste and perma regrowth from a solo/grouping perspective.

Haste is a huge game changer vs a few cheap pieces of resist gear, fights end faster and
swing push prevents casting, Haste works 100% of the time everytime, unlike resists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 09-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Oh I completely agree but the price you're paying for that 10 -12% extra haste is pretty staggering and you could argue that the other gear will actually provide more benefit on a per plat basis. If you can buy yourself 10-12% extra time in a fight via more ac and hps it's almost as good as more haste.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Where you're at, upgrades that aren't NODROP are going to be very pricey. The best bang for your buck would be a Tranix Crown and a haste upgrade a la CoF or seahorse belt.

If I were you, I'd be looking to camp a pearlescent mask, shiverback sleeves, and a +6 talisman.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

I pushed the pause button at barely into 59 on my monk to level warrior and necro. I'll pick up the monk again when/if the melee patch drops (or when the other two hit/cap 60). I want experience leveling (even if only 59-60) with TStaff in its best iteration if possible rather than already being 60 when the patch hits.

Sounds like the consensus is haste 36-41 and working on nodrop gear.

Thanks!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

On the subject of no drop gear, would the http://wiki.project1999.com/Scepter_of_Mastery from Kael Arena be any good to you? I don't think they rot often, but hanging in kael arena is one of those things that you might find yourself doing by happenstance, so perhaps worth having on your radar?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree that you are basically in the realm of No Drop now.

Also how can I pull up my Monks mangelo? I clicked on the link and it doesn't appear I have an account. Do I log in with my actual in game login information? With my forum info? Its an entirely new account?
Its a separate account you need to set up.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the subject of no drop gear, would the http://wiki.project1999.com/Scepter_of_Mastery from Kael Arena be any good to you? I don't think they rot often, but hanging in kael arena is one of those things that you might find yourself doing by happenstance, so perhaps worth having on your radar?
Yeah I've been planning on getting one eventually. At 58 my monk with TStaff would put out almost identical dps (+/- on individual fights but more or less =) to a 60 monk friend with epic/SoM when grouped together in places like seb. For higher ac velious mobs like arena he'd pull ahead due to epic speed.

It's on my radar but no immediate rush.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point was without "good" haste, there's no point to the rest of the gear talked about, Fbss, SotD, Rbg, Rbb, anything other than 36-41% is trash level 50+, if it was me, I'd save for better haste period, then worry about other pieces.

You can be naked except Epic, Fungi and CoF and do almost as much damage as if your other slots were filled, little else matters with 76% self haste and perma regrowth from a solo/grouping perspective.

Haste is a huge game changer vs a few cheap pieces of resist gear, fights end faster and
swing push prevents casting, Haste works 100% of the time everytime, unlike resists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact is his haste is already pretty good with sash, epic and eyepatch
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread