Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I've noticed when logging in that the game actually makes my entire screen brighter even if I'm tabbed out. Hmm.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

was this gamma hack implemented? my slider no longer seems to work
Old 06-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed when logging in that the game actually makes my entire screen brighter even if I'm tabbed out. Hmm.
Same. As soon as i pop into the game both monitors go into super bright mode, even on things that aren't EQ.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Kobold

The titanium client has direct relations to the windows brightness settings. If you lower your gama ratio you will see even your windows desktop do the same. As soon as the game is closed or the computer goes into screen saver settings, it all reverts.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I remember infravision making a HUGE difference between Dark Elves and other races in classic. That's one of the reasons why I played a DE.
Hopefully some Telin-like personality can come out of the wood work for something like this.

As evidenced, Lord Nilberg will recognize, value and implement your hard work for the cause.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The titanium client has direct relations to the windows brightness settings. If you lower your gama ratio you will see even your windows desktop do the same. As soon as the game is closed or the computer goes into screen saver settings, it all reverts.
I think the default gamma is 21%, fixes the desktop from changing upon starting/quitting.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Do what is required, Haynar and cast these cowards aside.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adachi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the default gamma is 21%, fixes the desktop from changing upon starting/quitting.
Yeah if you adjust the gamma so that your desktop looks correct the game is actually still pretty dark for a human. I think the actual default value for titanium is in the 40% range somewhere.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

I remember my first time in Greater Faydark on Live. Straying from the path was perilous. Even if you didn't get killed by an orc, you could get lost for an hour it was so dark. Also made Crushbone much more intimidating for new players. Pod lift and Felwithe were the two most welcome sights in that zone.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Just because something was part of EQ in 1999 doesn't mean it needs to be around today. That darkness crap was stupid. I always played an elf/short race so I at least had infravision and it was simply ridiculous to not be able to see.

Here's what's going to happen if the gamma correction that the titanium client has is removed, folks will either quit because the game is unplayable. Or they'll get 3rd party software to increase the lighting.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Closed Thread