Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course there is skill involved in playing EQ, but if you think the amount of skill required to play EQ is comparable to playing sports like basketball or volleyball, you are fucking insane. In fact when I originally wrote that sentence I was using the word 'elite', and then I realized it just didn't apply to EQ.
Pretty much every single person posting here has agreed with you, many of them in several different posts. Who is this directed at?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Wrong again, but the know it all & holier than thou behavior that you exhibit is truly remarkable - is it part of the skill set for EQ or just you?
You must be a great hit at parties...not*

I never said anyone lived in anyones basement but if that's where you're at... so be it my dungeon dwelling friend... make sure you're nice to mom cuz you only get one =P

Oh, I understand plenty d00d; especially when it's a know it all bastard trying to make himself sound important about a decade & a half old game & calling it skill greater than all, lol
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ass...rHigherRes.jpg

Whirled, you should read this.

At this point, if i were playing logical fallacy bingo with your posts, i'd have won about 6 times over.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Aviak

It's rather fun watching someone totally self destruct when they can't handle the fact that the entire world doesn't think exactly like themselves.

I was curious about something back around page 4 i think. It was mentioned rangers become quite a bit more powerful with the 2 hand update. I'm just wondering how rangers parse compared to monks and rogues, say before and after this update? I know rangers arn't going to beat them or likely equal them but how close do they actually get?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Oh look! ^Another ass who thinks knows everything. You need to log out & do something much more important than waste such skill sets. Your lame attempts at childish rudeness show the true skills you really have.

Honestly; I came here to inform you that your lame analogies don't work but instead you keep the defensive stance and play the gif game now. Carry on kiddies, I'm out of here, lol
Old 06-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

so you DIDNT read the logical fallacies list, then?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh look! ^Another ass who thinks knows everything. You need to log out & do something much more important than waste such skill sets. Your lame attempts at childish rudeness show the true skills you really have.

Honestly; I came here to inform you that your lame analogies don't work but instead you keep the defensive stance and play the gif game now. Carry on kiddies, I'm out of here, lol
something tells me you'll be back, soon.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's rather fun watching someone totally self destruct when they can't handle the fact that the entire world doesn't think exactly like themselves.

I was curious about something back around page 4 i think. It was mentioned rangers become quite a bit more powerful with the 2 hand update. I'm just wondering how rangers parse compared to monks and rogues, say before and after this update? I know rangers arn't going to beat them or likely equal them but how close do they actually get?
Also curious about this, I don't ever remember a bit 2h update for rangers, but I didn't play one back then.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

What is with this stuff about rangers becoming top tier dps come Velious? The 2hander buff goes to all the other classes too, warriors/monk with their triple 2hander swings will still have a huge edge. Pally/SK with a 2h wep will be no different from a ranger with one.

The attack buffs rangers get in Velious are group buffs, so they're not just the rangers sole benefit. Greater Wolf Form is 10 more ATK than Share Wolf Form. Anyone can get Aura of Battle gear. Anyone can get Avatar. Rangers wont be having some 200atk on everyone else.

Plus Velious still has a problem of very few ranger-only weapons. They'll still be 4th on the list of desired 1hander drops after warriors/rogues/monks/probably even bards.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Boy looks like I stirred up a Hornets Nest with my Ranger statement. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess my statement "over the top" was a bit of overstatement. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But they get better in Velious. And they become a how should I say it, a good, and fun solo class and tracker.

I am 67 years old as some of you know on here and have the time since I am retired to play EQ, hell 18 hours a day, if I wanted to. And at times I do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So I have played EQ in one form or anther since the game started. Which means on here, EQmac before it went tits up,the Sleeper server, Live you name it. I have easily over 80 to 90 characters on all my accounts between them. It is my hobby. So I sort of know a little about this game. I am old so I have probably lost some memory of what is what like to play some of these zone, expansions. But I have NOT been out of the loop. I was a Main Cleric healer in one of the top guilds on Torvo on live and I know what it took to make it happen and who could not, class wise, skill wise. Because I HAD to heal their ass. And I was good at what I did.

But I must admit I could not do it well enough at my age anymore. But there is some VERY talented people on here that play that I have a ton of respect for, probably envy truth be known, that can make stuff happen. A LOT of them play Enchanters on here, and you guys know who they are, are just scary good at what they can do. So I am proud to be a part of this community. And am glad to learn something new from you guys that is interesting. EQ is a very special game, at least to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread