Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The impeachment occurred before he left office so it’s a valid impeachment and the senate must hear the trial. You’d be right if they had tried to do the actual impeachment after he left office.

He’s also not being stripped of any of his private franchise. Nothing he’d be stripped of is his right as a private citizen.
The senate isn't required to hold a trial, it's just what's done.

The citizen franchise includes eligibility to hold office. Trying him ex officio would foul the Courts nose with the smell of the stinky bananas of a rotten republic.
Last edited by Cassawary; 01-20-2021 at 08:15 PM..
Old 01-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The senate isn't required to hold a trial, it's just what's done.

The citizen franchise includes eligibility to hold office. Trying him ex officio would foul the Courts nose with the smell of the stinky bananas of a rotten republic.
Right and so they will vote to have the trial, which is their prerogative as the legislature. Thank you for making my point for me.

And SCOTUS will do nothing because it is an impeachment proceeding which the constitution expressly gives authority to the legislature to conduct as they see fit and which penalties they can apply. Again, the court has already said they wouldn’t get involved in impeachment proceedings or their results...so this isn’t debatable lol they literally said they’d never do what you’re saying they would.

But then again, I guess I’m not surprised since trump supporters have never been particularly intelligent or attuned to actual facts. Sorry your buddy lost snowflake
Old 01-20-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right and so they will vote to have the trial, which is their prerogative as the legislature. Thank you for making my point for me.

And SCOTUS will do nothing because it is an impeachment proceeding which the constitution expressly gives authority to the legislature to conduct as they see fit and which penalties they can apply. Again, the court has already said they wouldn’t get involved in impeachment proceedings or their results...so this isn’t debatable lol they literally said they’d never do what you’re saying they would.

But then again, I guess I’m not surprised since trump supporters have never been particularly intelligent or attuned to actual facts. Sorry your buddy lost snowflake
I voted for Biden, idiot.

Damnatio memoriae is a better option than keeping Trump in the headlines for months.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Damnatio memoriae is a better option than keeping Trump in the headlines for months.
Apparently, you're playing the center too hard, wonk. They think you're a Nazi now.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Ah gotcha. So you're just someone who pretends to know what they're talking about then.

Better than being that person and also a Trump supporter I suppose! Good on ya
Old 01-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ah gotcha. So you're just someone who pretends to know what they're talking about then.
Aren't we all? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2021, 09:33 PM
Banned

I like the presidents who are not "1lb" under obese.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Cassawary is a dinobird.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if he gets convicted he cant run again which is what the dems want because they know in 2024 he will be back to grab pussies 100%
I lol’ed

But you’re smarter than this dude. He’s too divisive. A little more than half of your country really did not enjoy how the office of president was utterly bereft of decorum and leadership for the past four years
Old 01-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Banned

I never met anyone that disliked trump that was white and had more then 1 thousand dollars in the bank
Closed Thread