Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think main issue was other guilds were trying to compete too and for longest time it was two guilds. One had the left other had right...once you had 4 guilds sitting at tov ENT trying to pull dragons it got messy...
this pretty much nailed it

Petitions were bad enough with 2 guilds vying for mobs at ent. Once it started to get to 3-4 guilds at ent trying to fight for FTE and pull to ent pretty much every spawn someone was getting trained or pulls interfered with, etc. Basically, GM's didn't want to have to babysit 4 guilds every spawn cycle. Honestly, they probably didnt like the idea of mobs spawning and being FTE'd, trained to ent, and killed immediately either and I don't blame them. As fun as the pull to entrance era was, I get how ridiculous it probably seemed for the devs/GMs.

Funny thing is, short of a hard GM enforced rotation, no matter what rules they put in, or changes they make to raid boss behavior, the raiders on p99 will find ways to fuck with each other, look for shady advantages, or ways to get a "leg up" on their competition, bending or straight up breaking rules and cause petitions.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
antisocial neckbeard elitists who never learned to share are the only ones who dont like rooted dragons.
rooted dragons took tov from 2 guilds always, a lot of times 3 guilds in ToV during repop day, to 1 for an entire year. That is not more inclusive. Although truthfully the end of lockouts ruined the true low man squads more than rooted dragons did

@Alli and the rest, the dragons weren't rooted because there were too many guilds in tov. The chain of events seem to be, at least from the outside, Sirken gets forced out, Braknar immediately starts losing his shit about how toxic the raid scene is, posts a FULL GUILD ROTATION on the forums after the very first petition (For real, I think it was actually the first petition, AG AM and Core competed for a month or two pretty happily/without major drama after Tempest died- also was probably the most fun I had in TOV, all 3 guilds had a legit shot at every mob) Braknar loses his shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] because he got circumvented by Rogean, posts all that shit on reddit trying to prove that Nil/Rog don't care about his feelings, and promptly after that they release rooted dragons as an attempt to mitigate raid toxicity.

That's my take at least
Old 08-24-2021, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rooted dragons took tov from 2 guilds always, a lot of times 3 guilds in ToV during repop day, to 1 for an entire year. That is not more inclusive. Although truthfully the end of lockouts ruined the true low man squads more than rooted dragons did

@Alli and the rest, the dragons weren't rooted because there were too many guilds in tov. The chain of events seem to be, at least from the outside, Sirken gets forced out, Braknar immediately starts losing his shit about how toxic the raid scene is, posts a FULL GUILD ROTATION on the forums after the very first petition (For real, I think it was actually the first petition, AG AM and Core competed for a month or two pretty happily/without major drama after Tempest died- also was probably the most fun I had in TOV, all 3 guilds had a legit shot at every mob) Braknar loses his shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] because he got circumvented by Rogean, posts all that shit on reddit trying to prove that Nil/Rog don't care about his feelings, and promptly after that they release rooted dragons as an attempt to mitigate raid toxicity.

That's my take at least
You aren't wrong but neither is Alli, its a combination of the 2, imo. Even when it was just A/A it was pretty toxic but I think manageable. When it turned into 4 guilds sittin at the ent with AG and kittens or whoever, etc, joined in the poopsocking it became overwhelming, likely drastically increasing the amount of petitions, which lead to Braknar losing his shit. At least that's how I remember it.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't wrong but neither is Alli, its a combination of the 2, imo. Even when it was just A/A it was pretty toxic but I think manageable. When it turned into 4 guilds sittin at the ent with AG and kittens or whoever, etc, joined in the poopsocking it became overwhelming, likely drastically increasing the amount of petitions, which lead to Braknar losing his shit. At least that's how I remember it.
Ya I remember it being awfully crowded and one guild was sitting Los of the door which is bad and they did get trained too I'm pretty sure. Wish I could find old fraps
Old 08-24-2021, 11:54 AM
Orc

noone fucking cares. the only people who play this game past a few months of velious end game raiding are retarded and havn't ran the numbers.

Rooted dragons are a way to keep these retards on the server longer. Because they are retarded.

All they want to see is numbers on at server select, thats what windows are for, thats what rooted dragons are for. and alot of other unclassic shit.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Join Green - 1 guild raiding in harmony with everyone and the boot lickers get their bag limit participation trophy award gear every couple weeks.

The alternative is an infinite petition war with Detoxx
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-24-2021, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join Green - 1 guild raiding in harmony with everyone and the boot lickers get their bag limit participation trophy award gear every couple weeks.

The alternative is an infinite petition war with Detoxx
what have we become
Old 08-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Because manchildren who want to relive their glory days from a children's 50 year old video game EXACTLY the way they played it.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because manchildren who want to relive their glory days from a children's 50 year old video game EXACTLY the way they played it.
Don't know many kids who were buying a $2k computer but I am poor..

oh this is trust fund kid complaints.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

I think the intention was "more fun for more people" but it was a poorly implemented experiment. I liked seeing 4 guilds in ToV pulling stuff, and the era of rooted dragons put an end to smaller casual guilds who, if they put in some effort to build infrastructure, could eventually have their day in ToV. I miss the guild diversity -- now it's just 2 or 3 super large forces, mostly about bodies. As someone who tried to do a low-numbers guild in the era of rooted dragons, it's just not feasible (shout out to my Guild homies!)

What did happen was that the rooting of dragons immediately separated the shitters from the actual good players. Before I joined a raid guild, I was under the impression that everyone who did ToV was an incredible player. How wrong I was. The "log in on batphone for 5 minute" players were incredibly shitty at the game. Rooted dragons is a testament to the core of folks who stuck around, these people. I need to clarify this paragraph because of the idiots on this forum: obviously the pre-root pull team and their support did a shitload of work, and are the good players I'm talking about. The infrastructure in the raid guilds who made it possible for 70 people to log in at a moments notice, they are the real heroes. I had a blast playing with them, the ones who actually put in the work. There are still shit players in both Vanquish and Riot, don't get me wrong. It's the same situation on green. You have the core who put in the work.

All things aside, I think a better meta would be a leash mechanic, so the dragons could be positioned...I've said this from the start. But I think that's a pipe dream. Anyway, it's chaos in the raid scene, keeps things lively at least [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]