Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now it's just 2 or 3 super large forces, mostly about bodies. As someone who tried to do a low-numbers guild in the era of rooted dragons, it's just not feasible (shout out to my Guild homies!)
Is my brain twisted sideways, rooted or not when hasn't this been the case. <Core> was low numbers but top players with great gear from their raiding days in the zerg.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is my brain twisted sideways, rooted or not when hasn't this been the case. <Core> was low numbers but top players with great gear from their raiding days in the zerg.
I think when <Core> got that Vulak just before the rooting...I don't exactly remember. They had what, 40-50? I'm drawing a blank here. Point is, there were AM, Tempest, Core, AG, BG to an extent, and others in ToV. Now, it is not the case.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think when <Core> got that Vulak just before the rooting...I don't exactly remember. They had what, 40-50? I'm drawing a blank here. Point is, there were AM, Tempest, Core, AG, BG to an extent, and others in ToV. Now, it is not the case.
No, now its what.. 1 or 2 guilds doing it. The same as A/A camping the server for years. The small period where the scrub guilds were getting kills were because you guys were being nice people.. giving well fare pixels because of raid suspensions.

<Core> was the top guilds and see were <tempest> (the worst guild I was ever in)
Old 08-24-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Enough of my crying about it.

You don't negotiate your way into raiding, getting this mob on this day. No, you take it from them.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't negotiate your way into raiding, getting this mob on this day. No, you take it from them.
And so, the cycle continues as it always has
Old 08-24-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And so, the cycle continues as it always has
<riot> who were also made up of the top raiders. The irony is not lost on me but they didnt carry their guild name into battle.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I don't know about THE LAST Vulak, but ONE of the last Vulaks was won on the back of one of the sickest plays ever made by Franswa, Picked up a dropped vulak in hub after looting an idol off his body in north. 40-50 people beat AM's 90+ and AG's 70+ that day.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about THE LAST Vulak, but ONE of the last Vulaks was won on the back of one of the sickest plays ever made by Franswa, Picked up a dropped vulak in hub after looting an idol off his body in north. 40-50 people beat AM's 90+ and AG's 70+ that day.
I think I remember that. We didn't pull vulak cause someone was saying dagarn would agro but he doesn't cause he is just a wurm ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I remember that. We didn't pull vulak cause someone was saying dagarn would agro but he doesn't cause he is just a wurm ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are absolutely correct. Detoxx told me to stay flopped, when I had agro into the train and could have cleanly pulled it =P To be fair, almost nobody knew that dagarn wasn't linked (at least at that time), and that dagarn was merely agro'd as part of the pull. So instead of saving the day with a sweet vulak pick up, I got to watch IN PERSON Franswa make plays.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are absolutely correct. Detoxx told me to stay flopped, when I had agro into the train and could have cleanly pulled it =P To be fair, almost nobody knew that dagarn wasn't linked (at least at that time), and that dagarn was merely agro'd as part of the pull. So instead of saving the day with a sweet vulak pick up, I got to watch IN PERSON Franswa make plays.
Also Franswa ran the entire train into the lava in north which is a big NO-NO nowadays =P but was fine back then.