Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did the UN ruin the chances for a #2 guild?

A couple things happened. First the UN. Once this was formed, this entity shunned any aspiring guild that didn't want to play by their rules. This started with planar mobs.

So when a new guild forms up, you have to ask to be put on the rotation. This in turn doesn't make any 2nd guild stand out from the rest. Because well, all guilds under the #1 guild are basically conveyor belting loot while using social pressures to deny anyone from joining a guild (not named seal team) that doesn't fit their narrative.

The second thing that happened was allowing this system to perpetuate indefinitely by giving "free weeks" and continued "welfare pixels" by the staff.

This in turn entrenched guilds to continue their positions. If this was not done, pressure would have mounted on guild leaders within the individual guilds in the UN to try to step things up. Without calling out any names, the leaders of the top UN guilds just didn't want to race. It's much easier to blame everything on how good Seal Team is instead of how bad you are. The bottom line is, there just wasn't enough social pressure obtained to replace the guild leaders running the conveyor belts to ensure a competitive environment.

If Seal Team would have been allowed to run a train on all targets and mobs like they should have (even though they initially created the UN,which was brilliant for them btw), this would have never happened. Eventually, overtime, the UN would have lost all its power and the entire thing would have fell apart and a #2 guild would have rose from the ashes.

That's green server in a nutshell. Hopefully the same mistakes aren't made on the next server. Hope yall enjoy watching ST clear Sleepers.
How's WoW?
Old 09-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

Everquest is a a social pve rpg game hope this helps
Old 09-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Aviak

https://discord.gg/sealteam

If you have questions, or want to raid with us #apply, that's where you find us.

Not going to nitpick inaccuracies in this post.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

OP's post is worth about what we paid for it. It reeks of petty bias and butthurt feelings. No where close to accurate except the guild ranking and raid time. Most of the people in these guilds came from one of the others at one point.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP's post is worth about what we paid for it. It reeks of petty bias and butthurt feelings. No where close to accurate except the guild ranking and raid time.
Yeah it's pretty clear that OP is former DMO imho. I had quietly blocked a Venerate person from joining FoW because they had a DMO character, who had been in Venerate for about half a year based on discord history. I'm wondering if it's the same person. And even if it isn't - I'm pretty sure his main source is a toxic cleric friend who was booted by us recently. And let me be clear, stuff has to be real bad to be booted as a cleric in Velious raiding guild.

All I really see here is side-effects from removing bad apples, which is to be expected, really. I'm fine being flamed by bad apples with sour grapes if it means the guild tag is trusted by those who's situations were resolved among the majority of folks on the server.

The only people who really have big problems with FoW will naturally be Seal Team, because we whistle-blowed some stuff from them recently. But again, Seal Team doesn't represent the entire server - and I'm fine with the guild standing up for itself when it appears to be bullied.

OP - your sources are wrong/biased, but your name appears accurate! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

PS - also.. why shit on FoH and Gathered Might? What did they do to you?
Old 09-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Banned

Not defending OP but he did say he got most of his information from ex-members of

said guild who left on their own accord

and from spectating the UN and playing the game :P
Old 09-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Banned

Honestly FOW is good people, but I left Venerate for the same reason as a lot of my

friends =(
Old 09-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unroot the dragons!
Old 09-09-2021, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not defending OP but he did say he got most of his information from ex-members of

said guild who left on their own accord

and from spectating the UN and playing the game :P
Dude, I cannot tell you how many applications I've read where someone said "they left" their former guild or "left on good terms". And then I shoot a tell to someone I know in that former guild and they are like "No, we booted that motherf*cker. lol" or I search their name on the P1999 forums and see a flame post where the guild leader is quietly explaining that they had to remove said person for repeated bad behavior.

TL : DR - People lie, yo. And with good reason, rejection sucks. No one is going to advertise that, they are going to spin that they had their foot out the door anyway.
Closed Thread