Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elderan is right, Furor was an awesome GL, just had to knew him. I was with foh also, first shaman to 50 on live (Raganork) than switched to my warrior (Strifei) for kunark, what a blast that was!
<3 raganork best shaman evah yo

veeshan 4 life

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elderan is right, Furor was an awesome GL, just had to knew him. I was with foh also, first shaman to 50 on live (Raganork) than switched to my warrior (Strifei) for kunark, what a blast that was!
Hey Rag long time no see.. You playing in P99?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

started a few weeks ago, Grafh lvl 13 troll SK!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Kobold

Everything you searched for on the internet sites for gear, or monsters, had FoH tags on it. They were almost always the first guild to report some loot, or a named or the first to kill them.

I was also on the same live server as Afterlife and in my guild we had a couple of their members back in our guilds raiding hay day. They were obviously misfits and got booted from Afterlife and how they ended up burdening us I will never know.

When you are first to do everything in a vast new world where everyone is researching you and trying to keep up pace you begin to make a name for yourself. Some people on P99 think they are mighty important. But try being the first to do something. No walk throughs just dialogue from one NPC to the next. Sure sometimes the quest dialogue tells you where to go, but for stuff like the Staff of Wheel quest...who in their right mind would swim all over the ocean floor outside Erudin for 782 hours looking for a ground spawn?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

I played on veeshan when I first started (which was shortly after beta ended) and remember them having quite the reputation. I don't know when afterlife came around, but at least in the beginning it seemed like FoH wasn't just the best uber guild in the game, it seemed like they invented the concept of an uber guild. I never even heard the name afterlife until a year or two into playing. These guys took, and still take gaming quite seriously. If you visit their website and look at what the requirements are to join it's pretty crazy. Definitely only for the most dedicated.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Back in the day, the ubers were a pretty big deal, I'd say. I remember checking their websites when I was a newb and reading about all the things they'd seen and done. Just about every one knew who they were.

Having seen it from the other side of the fence, organization and leadership in those guilds was significantly ahead of the competition, hence why they were able to achieve what they did.

I'd say Triton probably had the funniest updates, along with Legacy of Steel ("We know Drama" post being the best). FoH usually had the best rants. Afterlife never really had any aggressive posts, as Biny was a young guy and if you'd met him IRL you'd see he just wasn't that sort of person.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know when afterlife came around, but at least in the beginning it seemed like FoH wasn't just the best uber guild in the game, it seemed like they invented the concept of an uber guild. I never even heard the name afterlife until a year or two into playing.
Afterlife dates back to vanilla. They formed during the Vox/Naggy days. If nothing else, you guys should know them as the inventors of the DKP system.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what does that have to do with DAOC? I think you might have the worst reading comprehension of anyone on these forums.

And DKP is a terrible system. What a legacy.
You never say anything nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Realm of Insanity !!

Lacuna
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zaar was the GL of Triton. I still remember being like level 9 in North Ro and seeing him chillin with Brunar Rankin. Triton had A+ site updates for sure, I was in awe of that guild. But then again I was like 13 or 14.
Loved their website videos and things. They had some pretty comical stuff. I went there to check out stuff when the servers would go down during times I played.
Closed Thread