Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Large Bat

Default Hello all

After talking about joining P99 my wife and I finally decided to hunt down our Titanium discs and jump in!

Once we get our IP Exemption petition squared away, we were thinking about running a Cleric/Warrior combo. Alttough I was thinking about making a Monk and trying to make my way to her. We'll see what happens!

Look forward to playing with what we've heard, is a great community
Old 04-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Kobold

would def do the monk for duoing purposes. if you're lazy and want additional fashion you could always roll human.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Large Bat

That was my thought as well, but I feel like Iksar regen would tip the scales(hah get it?!?!) a bit.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Banned

Monk/Necro or Necro/Shaman is my favorite duo
Old 04-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Large Bat

I love the Monk/Shaman combo.

Cleric warrior is like killing mobs by old age (trust me on this, i'm a war).
Old 04-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Sarnak

Justify that iksar regen a lot more by having her play shaman instead of cleric...
Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

OP are you English? "squared away" might suggest an Army background [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 AM
Large Bat

Sorry about the lack of responses! Been a busy few days at work!

The IP Exemption is completed and up to that point I had been leveling an Iksar Monk. Got him to level 10. I've heard the Monk/Shaman combo is very strong, but her time in EQLive has been filled with Clericness and I don't think I can convince her of that at this time. We'll likely have alts so I will try to push her towards the Shaman so she can see if its something she might prefer. In the end I just want her to have fun. I have experienced classic whereas she has not, so I know what to expect. Its gonna be fun seeing how she reacts to some of the things she never had to deal with since she got into EQ late Luclin.

@Swish
No sir, I'm not English. "squared away" was one of those things I heard a bunch growing up. It just stuck.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Large Rat

Woot. On the IP exemption, I'm thinking about getting my wife to play, but she never played EQ...period..so I'm like hmmm that could be something either a funny to see or b she would hate it haha.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthornn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woot. On the IP exemption, I'm thinking about getting my wife to play, but she never played EQ...period..so I'm like hmmm that could be something either a funny to see or b she would hate it haha.
Best of luck man! I hope she likes it, it can be pretty fun playing with the wife. We actually met in EQ and had a friendship for a few years, fast forward 12 years and 2 kids later, still at it! The only problem we've had is wanting to raid at the same time while having children. Our playtime has gone down significantly from where we were at but hopefully as our youngsters grow up we can come up with a more solid schedule.
Closed Thread