Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Large Rat

Default Hello from an old schooler

It is amazing how a few lines of music can bring back a lot of memories. For some reason in my "Recommended" on YouTube it brought up the old creation music for Ultima Online, was like WOW this is great! Then I started thinking about all the time spent with EQ.

I was in Beta testing, I think it was in 1998, and then played for many years after release. I think I had left after Kunark was released. I had seen the P1999 page on Facebook and thought wow cool. I went on Amazon, scored a Platinum box set.

I cant WAIT till Thursday for my discs to get here. Roaming the snowy mountains near Halas. Running for a raging Avocet. The mass trains of Frog Ghouls in Lower Guk. Lol. Not the 50+ hours of camping for a FBSS though I hope. Haha.

Wanted to say HI and hope to see some folks soon!
Old 02-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your return to Norrath as much as all of us have.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

You do not need to buy a copy of titanium brand new. There are loads of people who would be willing to help you find a copy. Odds are you paid full retail price for eq/kunark/velious once already back in the day.

This server 1-59 is like a time machine back to velious days. If that sounds fun and exciting to you, you will enjoy p99 very much. Population is healthy and in popular zones you will always find people to group with.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Haha, 1-59... but so true, so true.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyritDarksong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not the 50+ hours of camping for a FBSS though I hope. Haha.

Wanted to say HI and hope to see some folks soon!
You can just buy them (or SCHW) and it'll be less time spent farming plat than the item itself. Any idea what you're planning on making? When would you likely be on? People are generally willing to gift new players with gear, or help port you to a "better location."
Old 02-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Large Rat

1. I paid less than $10 for my disc set on Amazon and 2 day shipping with my Prime membership.
2. The discs are supposed to be here tomorrow so I will install when I get home.
3. As for toons, I would think 2 that were my favorites, Paladin and Monk. I had maxed leveled Monk, Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Bard, Beast Lord and Necro, back in the day.

I have been playing on live server till I get my discs. I sub'd just so I could open up everything. There is so much that has changed but I ran over to BB and made a 20 Gnoll train just to get back into the feel of things. Hahaha
Old 02-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Large Rat

I got my discs last night, BRAND new in the packaging, plastic still around the disc bundle. Very pleased, a well spent $10.

Installing now!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Large Rat

None of my replies are being posted and I cant get into game....
Old 02-23-2017, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

It took me some trial and error to get the game to work. What have you tried? Check your eqclient.ini? Did you download the newest patch?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Aviak

Might be you got the wrong version of Everquest off of Amazon. I'm checking here and the Titanium is quite pricey but the Platinum version is more in the price range you quoted. I'm not certain but I would guess the Platinum version doesn't work.
Closed Thread