Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Kobold

Default SHM - Realistic Chance at Gear?

I'm a level 60 shaman with all of my spells, epic and don't really have an active guild currently. Do I have a realistic chance at finding a guild where I can get a Vindi BP and SS armor? If so, who is out there? I know my question is somewhat cringe. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Being a 2013'er you ought to know that practically every guild on the server invites just about anybody who has a pulse. P99 never developed the culture of exclusivity that characterized high-end guilds from the original game. Find some guilds that kill what you want, then pick whichever one suits your fancy--they'll take you.

Danth
Old 02-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

But ya got to ask yourself if the time you are going to put in to acquire all that dkp really worth it? Helping many people acquire their epics which requires standing around being bored while the raid gathers. Answering bat phones so you can get your DKP when you may have something better to do. Personally I think you should farm and just buy the MQs for the SS armor. You will be joining a guild where some members have incredible amounts of DKP. You will have none. I know you want some unbuyable stuff but really do ya need it? Just a counterpoint is all. Happy guilding[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!
Old 02-02-2021, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, easily.

Some guilds have HoT gear available on a dkp/random/cash basis (rotating). Vindi bp's will cost some dkp but not a ton. You can also farm and buy those HoT pieces like I did if you prefer to save points for other things.

I'd find a guild you like to be in first and foremost. If they do vindi and HoT better yet. If there isn't some type of raid quota (minimum per month) it might be best for you.

I've really enjoyed my time in Kittens as a casual raider. I help when I can but don't when I cant (RL > the game). Plenty of other good places out there as well that share the philosophy.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Considering ive never seen a shaman on blue without a vindi bp in the last like 2 years, I feel like it's obtainable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

You can also buy Vindi BPs from guilds. Vindi is only an 8 hour respawn, and he is killed every day ay least once. DKP wise it costs a decent amount, but it is usually more of a fixed price. You aren't going to see people with thousands of DKP super out bidding people for it.

SS armor is also sold often, so if those things are your only goals, you could just farm more plat.

With that said, you should join a guild. Playing with other people is always fun, and as Danth mentioned, most guilds will accept new players without a lot of hoops to jump through.

Azure Guard, Freedom, and Riot probably do Vindi the most often. Kittens does him as well from time to time. Haven't seen other guilds do him with any real frequency. HoT is a different matter. Some guilds do it often, some do not, and I am not up to date on which ones do it often.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-03-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Old 03-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Being a new member in an established guild really isn’t awful as far as gearing goes. Especially if a vindi bp is a priority upgrade for you. Vindi is killed several times a day sometimes by the same guild. It isn’t super expensive as far as a dkp item goes.

Yes, many members in guilds like Vanquish/Riot/KWSM etc. probably have ungodly amounts of dkp, and if you want a big ticket item like a doze tear or vulak axe you likely won’t have enough dkp for it for quite some time.

Doesn’t mean you won’t get some amazing upgrades. They just might not be BIS. Find people you like and app to their outfit. You’ll see plenty of upgrades and end up making more friends to play with.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

You have a better chance of being guild suspended / banned than you do of ever of obtaining decent pixels without career unemployment combined with depression and likely substance abuse issues. Enjoy p99!
Old 03-11-2021, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a better chance of being guild suspended / banned than you do of ever of obtaining decent pixels without career unemployment combined with depression and likely substance abuse issues. Enjoy p99!
Not at all. You can casually raid and get gear over a longer period of time. Yes, there is a risk of a guild disbanding, but that risk is always there, regardless of how many raids you attend. Getting a Vindi BP casually is certainly doable in a guild.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I beg to differ