Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Default Tomer Instogle quest

Trying to do Tomer Instogles quest in North Qeynos. He responds and gives me the backpack, but when I tell him I will lead him to Master Seta he responds with: "What? Knowing how we feel about you and your reputation, not to mention the grief you've caused Master Lu'Sun, you would try to act as my friend?!? Leave me alone!"

My faction is Amiable with Tomer, and from reading around it says it should work with indifferent.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Project Manager

After receiving the backpack on your cursor, you must place it into an inventory slot. Then try the phrase again.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Ran all the text for quest, placed the backpack into inventory immediately, still getting the same answer. "What? Knowing how we feel about you and your reputation, not to mention the grief you've caused Master Lu'Sun, you would try to act as my friend?!? Leave me alone!"
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Project Manager

tested on the pve server.

-approached tomer.
-conned indifferent
-said "I will carry your backpack"
-received backpack, put into first inventory slot.
-said, "I will lead you back to master seta"
-he followed me

The only requirements for him to proceed are indifferent or better faction, and that you possess the backpack in your inventory.

If this persists, post or PM me your character name.

Does anyone else have trouble with this quest?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I updated the Wiki on this a month ago. The trigger text listed on Allakhazam isn't the same as the P99 server.

See: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Tomer%27s_Rescue

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tested on the pve server.

-approached tomer.
-conned indifferent
-said "I will carry your backpack"
-received backpack, put into first inventory slot.
-said, "I will lead you back to master seta"
-he followed me

The only requirements for him to proceed are indifferent or better faction, and that you possess the backpack in your inventory.

If this persists, post or PM me your character name.

Does anyone else have trouble with this quest?
I haven't attempted this quest in a long time, but as an Ogre Shaman, I needed a hell'uva lot better faction than indifferent to get him to follow me. I can now turn in gnoll pup scalps and get the headband, but it took a bejesus amount of gnoll killing before I could do the Tomer quest, and it took probably 10 plus of Tomer quests to get to high enough faction to do the headband quests. I want to say high amiable to do Tomer quest. Edit: After more thought, it was somewhere after I reached KINDLY...I'm guessing high kindly - I'm currently amiable with Tomer and Phin. This was before the Konem Matse quest was working though - I've been warmly with Konem before I could do the Tomer quest

But, factions are weird on P99. I've done the nitrates quest to the druid in surefall to deliver to Linaya Sowlin in WK and am amiable to Holly Windstalker and Cros Treewind, plus the Rangers in Surefall Glade, and am apprehensive to wolves/bears in Qeynos Hills and Surefall Glade, but wolves/bears in any other zone are still "glares threateningly". I think that is jacked. Why would wolves/bears in other zones be on different faction than in Surefall Glade/Qeynos Hills? But, whatever...I'm sure you don't want people to be able to sit and med unmolested from bears/wolves. Sidenote: You may want to rethink the early flee recently implemented - it will allow DOTS to do their full damage earlier in the fight even if not rooted. I'm sure you don't want kiters to be able to have an easier time killing things...lol.
Last edited by aubie; 04-28-2012 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't attempted this quest in a long time, but as an Ogre Shaman, I needed a hell'uva lot better faction than indifferent to get him to follow me.
This quest was patched in 10-30-2010, so if you attempted it before that, I'm not sure what your results would have been.

For him to follow:

Quote:
if($faction <= 5 && $hasitem{13769}) {
This means indifferent or better faction, and possesses backpack.

From the eqemulator quest guidelines
Quote:
$faction - Returns the faction level number of the user with the mob.
1: Ally
2: Warmly
3: Kindly
4: Amiably
5: Indifferent
6: Scowls
7: threateningly
8: Dubious
9: Apprehensive
Quote:
Why would wolves/bears in other zones be on different faction than in Surefall Glade/Qeynos Hills?
Could be different in that Holly Windstalker and Cros Treewind assist the animals. I'll look into it.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quest was patched in 10-30-2010, so if you attempted it before that, I'm not sure what your results would have been.

For him to follow:

This means indifferent or better faction, and possesses backpack.

From the eqemulator quest guidelines
Could be different in that Holly Windstalker and Cros Treewind assist the animals. I'll look into it.
Yeah, I figured it might have reworked after one of the patches. Man if you can make all my nitrate deliveries worthwhile (not KOS to bears and wolves), well I don't want to get emotional here, but thanks for checking Nilbog.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Your nitrate deliveries will help you with bear/wolf faction in Surefall and Qeynos Hills, but not much beyond that. The other bears and wolves of the world are not on that QRGprotectedanimals faction.

Move to resolved.
Closed Thread