Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Im sorry I am bored from being inside all day and am just sad to see item nerfs cus I like magical artifacts, I made my case. I give up to let the gods decide!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

If chardok was nerfed with the overriding reasoning being the proliferation of throwaway accounts I see little reason why the recharge cost of these would not be fixed. As I recall the current prices are just a copy paste of Al'Kabor and hardly definitively classic on their own.

edit: by overriding I mean at the time the damage from Chardok had already been done and the change enacted was to prevent a similar occurrence with the absurd proliferation of high level accounts on the next server. Yes it also fixed Bard swarm/RMT however you could always thread the needle to blatantly not classic mechanics being implemented for a better tomorrow
Last edited by Pringles; 04-04-2020 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds good/bad but it's not real, these camps just dont exist, players have come close to breaking even but only in a few areas that I've ever heard of.
I mean...the wiki page even suggests to use it to quad spectres in oasis.

You do make a good point in one of your posts that it isn't so bad to leave them in for some time as a special nod to enjoying a brand new time-line correct EQ server in vanilla.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a reseting server, I'd prefer original broken mechanics, than modernised changed mechanics.

The goal should be to learn how to win, not change the rules so people can win only one way.

The whole game is based on our ability to bend the rules as much as possible, I fail to see a realistic point where the line should be drawn on a server where literally all of it may as well be erased in 4 years and start again.
I agree with you, but the devs prefer a "classic feeling" rather than "classic accuracy".

Over time I've come to appreciate some aspects of the "classic feeling", and gotten used to the ongoing non-actually-classic changes.

When you see some things like RWW explode into usage they're very clearly violating that "classic feeling". Those few remaining broken mechanics stick out more readily than if we had numerous broken mechanics that were still allowed.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Every time something "not classic" gets adjusted in the direction of "classic"...people complain.

The same people came here to play Classic EQ.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Haha I did figure out a way to remove item linking from green during the last day of the UI project, but it was decided that you guys would kill us if we just threw that in.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you, but the devs prefer a "classic feeling" rather than "classic accuracy".

Over time I've come to appreciate some aspects of the "classic feeling", and gotten used to the ongoing non-actually-classic changes.

When you see some things like RWW explode into usage they're very clearly violating that "classic feeling". Those few remaining broken mechanics stick out more readily than if we had numerous broken mechanics that were still allowed.
Yea its the "picking-and-choosing" that bothers me a bit. It's the same situation we saw with Chardok PBAE. Certain individuals/guilds were allowed to do it for months and years, and as soon as it became "mainstream," it was nerfed - leaving everyone who didn't participate up shit's creek.

As someone already mentioned: The "noobie quests" (bone chips, CB/DF Belts and Pads) were significantly nerfed, yet something like Red Wood Wands is allowed to remain? It just seems nonsensical.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% even Verant would have nerfed this if it was going on during live.

Gameplay emerges differently here than it did on live or even blue. The mission statement of the server isn't to recreate all the rules and decisions from live, it is to recreate classic EQ. Sometimes, to do that, you have to create rules specific to the gameplay emerging today in order to protect the mission.

If a new emerging gameplay is changing the game then the devs have the precedent and the reason to step in. Honestly, I'm not sure how bad this in changing gameplay here. According to some the prevalence is already beyond super saturated...
Right on.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Haha I did figure out a way to remove item linking from green during the last day of the UI project, but it was decided that you guys would kill us if we just threw that in.
I'm sure it played a part in the decision but from other comments I saw wasn't the primary concern that item linking prevented a massive /petition scam storm?
Old 04-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure it played a part in the decision but from other comments I saw wasn't the primary concern that item linking prevented a massive /petition scam storm?
with great power... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but yea that was a factor, though I still cant imagine all us players actually falling for that dunedigger shield scam let alone someone saying "these boots are +100 hit points!" and then someone buying them without realising they were fine steel in the trade window.

edit: imagine the rnf's we're missing out on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "Kababo is a LIAR! He told me my boots were magical but they were not!"
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-07-2020 at 04:37 PM..
Closed Thread