Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-25-2023, 11:07 PM
Skeleton

Default I want to return and my goal is to hit 60. How is the blue community?

Hey guys,

I have most of my wealth on blue(about 150k total worth of gear) and I got to around 10k or so on green. I spent most of my time on blue in DAP and my highest character is a 45 druid.

My plan is to finally commit and get to level 60. I've loved this game since 99 and I feel like it's about time I do this. Is blue my best option? How is the mid-late game grouping? My plan has always been to have a 60 shaman. I currently have one at 22 but he's got great gear on him so solo'ing will be no problem. My other option was to push my druid to 60.

Are there active west coast guilds? Is there any reason I should even consider green?

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome Back!

Benefits of Blue would be your mini fortune and levels already acquired. You'll also have less issues obtaining camps. Ppl are still friendly on Blue but it's less active I'd say, Especially for leveling early game.
Benefits of Green would be more active community. Likely more people to exp grind with if you want to be social.

Good luck getting 60 no matter which path you choose! I also had to finally buckle down and get to 60 on one of my characters after playing this game 20+ years. So I relate pretty strongly to your dream goal here. It's a doozy! Especially 57+ but if you are playing a class you enjoy it's not too bad.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-25-2023, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman has dramatically reduced in price recently.... Torpor is down to like 40k-45k and other spells also down in price.... Epic is still expensive and jbb as well but slap a fungi and some starter gear on a shaman and should be pretty easy and more affordable than ever to get to 60 on a shaman

As for community it is much the same as it always has been.... very top heavy. You will encounter more players than ever that have tons of 60s and will only play to raid, or farm plat camps

If you want to get 60 I would say focus on that twink whatever class you want out as much as possible and have fun with it. Both druid and shaman can solo to 60 with ease. Shaman is going to be far better and finding friends to grind exp with if you don't want to solo as any melee class will be more than happy to dps for you provided you slow mobs and heal them. Finding groups on druid is going to be rough unless you find a educated melee dps and aggro kite full 6man groups do not favor druids and will be very rough unless you intend to solo

Both servers are "done" everything has been accomplished guilds are on farm-mode.
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 07-25-2023, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah now is a great time to get a 60 Shaman on Blue. As mentioned above, Torpor has gone down to like 45k when it used to be 80K. Even Epic is down to like 75k with fight now. It was around 120k for years.

US timezones have the highest pop, so you are good there.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

With 150k you have all the resources you need to have an epic/torpor shaman. The nice thing about shaman is you can just /who and find a twink melee and go duo.

DAP was good for you.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

It's gunna be tough to hit 60 because DN PL is gone apparently
Better luck next server
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Green is definitely better if you want a larger more active community but having the fungi advantage on blue would trump it unless you're a self found fan
Old 07-26-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

JBB is relatively cheap too, 16k or less
Old 07-26-2023, 04:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With 150k you have all the resources you need to have an epic/torpor shaman. The nice thing about shaman is you can just /who and find a twink melee and go duo.

DAP was good for you.
Oh man it was years of casual porting lol.

Also thanks for the advice everyone . I hopped on last night and had a few super friendly encounters which made my decision to just leave green out of the equation.
Old 07-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I never did hit 60, on live (except during PoP), or here. Maybe someday. Godspeed!