Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portsche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet you come to P99 boards and ask questions? Talk about pointless...
I play on p99. P1999 is a classic EQ server. Epicemu is also a classic EQ server. However p99 does not have velious yet, and most people feel velious was the best classic expansion. Pretty on point to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he wants to make his own server, more power to him. Gotta give him respect. If he wants to make it non-Classic, who cares?

But advertising another server on P99's boards is as stupid as advertising Red on Blue's server chat (or advertising EQMac here for that matter). The EQEmu forums has a board designed for advertising. Should totally keep it there.

"Off Topic
Anything not related to Project 1999." Didn't realize people would get so butt hurt over letting people know about other options they may have with classic eq. Besides Live/EQMac there's no other place to find classic velious.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
sounds like

a

sTOOPid idea
Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

^this x100.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of servers on eqemu have velious, it's just that their version of velious is not classically accurate at all. So if you want velious but don't care about whether it's accurate, there are other emu servers that can provide that already. I'm not sure what makes EpicEmu so special apart from the fact that it's run by a lunatic who was banned for cheating on p99.

edit: not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, I just don't see the appeal of that server.
EQMAC seems pretty accurate. There are obviously things that exist past velious, but not much past it, and you can self limit yourself to expansions. There are guilds doing just that. Stuff like swimming and meditiate work right too. Not to mention armor class...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see the problem with him making a thread about his server in off topic.

of course I expect the thread to get trolled by the P99 community and not moderated at all also ;p

raid scene on P99 is overcrowded and not exactly open to sharing the limited monsters. (not that its right or wrong.. it just is what it is). They also don't have enough GM's on P99 for its population either which causes more drama in the raid scene than necessary.

If you don't want to deal with the P99 end game dynamic.. it would be a decent move or eqmac for that matter also.

P99 is fun and has potential to grow.. but it also has flaws in management, oversight, and rules enforcement which puts people off.

I'll give your server a look myself.. but the eqmac community has been one of the nicer online communities I've seen out there.

could probably play on both if I like the server.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQmac blows.
This.

Lemme know when EQmac can at least do mouse view zooming classicly.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Well gave it a shot and made a character on the velious server and It does seem to have most of what I want in an everquest emulator.

I really like their raid rules over there.. raid tokens instead of variance.

I guess it depends on your flavor of a non classic raid scene whether you like this or that heh

Classic textures and doesn't seem buggy at all to me yet.

It does say there is legit 2 boxing there but no more. not much of a difference from P99 though because many people on P99 dual box by tethering smart phones to a computer etc anyways.

I hear what you guys are saying about eqmac and the mousewheel scroll in and out.. but thats mostly preference.. I always play first person anyways.. helps with immersion imo.

I do think its kind of overblown to say a game sucks just because you don't like one aspect of its version.. like I could say "P99 Sucks because I don't like the raid scene!!" but that wouldn't be true.

Bottom line.. the sleeper server is up.. not laggy.. not luclin models like most of the other emu's (yuck).. and has a different flavor of non classic raid scene than P99's non classic raid scene.

Seems like they are going to minimize racing over there in favor of just limiting raid content with tokens for guilds with people who want to only play a few hours at a time. Sure beats endless poopsocking / alt camping imo.
Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 07-13-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

It's off topic forum right? Relax then people. The everquest community is small enough, we shouldn't be trashing others because they choose other servers.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not luclin models like most of the other emu's (yuck)
Speaking of hating something based on one aspect. An aspect that can easily be turned off.

Also, P99 doesn't have Luclin models either. Unless you're referring to my 'patch' which isn't officially supported and is also easily turned on/off.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of hating something based on one aspect. An aspect that can easily be turned off.

Also, P99 doesn't have Luclin models either. Unless you're referring to my 'patch' which isn't officially supported and is also easily turned on/off.
I think you missed the purpose of my post.. you would be right in the fact that I'm not completely unbiased and I do hate aspects of games.

My point is that just because you hate an aspect of a game doesn't automatically make it suck.. as you seem to be a proponent for luclin models proving what I was saying. (i dont like them but you do)

On another note, one aspect I never understood about P99 though is how its closed source.

My view on these emu projects is they should all be supporting each other in creating great content that caters to a variety of different likes/desires. Not trying to jam everybody into one server.

I can understand the fears about losing population.. but they have lost way more active players overtime just from the way the server is crowded at the top.

It also is kind of a philosophical thing too i suppose, I mean they are on one hand using as a basis for this server code that was written by Sony, then on the other hand saying nobody should have access to it but them.

More people working on servers means more people fixing code, modifying it, figuring out how it works and improving it in the different ways that the various interests want.

I think that velious server intends to release its source when it gets out of beta.
Closed Thread