Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Charming WW - some questions

So I finally got high enough faction CoV that I can be in WW in wolf for and not be KOS to the roaming dragons. I finished off the last 10% of 58 and am 30% into 59. Though the xp modifier of WW (80 with standard 75) is not that much lower than the 90 of permafrost, the mobs are higher with a level range of 45-50. The biggest problem I'm having is actually finding mobs to kill. The zone is huge (pulls can be longer) but ... I've noticed that killing in any given area tends to run dry of animals within 1-3 hours.

Questions for those that may be in the know:

-are animals on their own spawn tables or can killed animals spawn as drakes/wyverns. If they all share a big spawn table ... I've got to kill some of the lesser drakes/wyrms/wyverns to keep the animal spawns up.

-are there drakes/wyverns that won't result in CoV faction loss? I can always charm an animal to kill a drake/wyvern but 1 faction hit and I could become kos. Beyond that, in killing these targets I have to watch out not just for Ice burrowers (huge aggro radius) but also other CoV mobs to include named dragons with huge aggro radius. I've eaten two deaths to burrowers early on - no deaths in the last 25% as they're big and otherwise easy to avoid

-Velium hounds. Aggro radius is greater than casting range. They're fast. Even snared nearly sow speed (can out run in wolf form). Always 49? They're great xp and quite rare. Do they share the same spawn tables as the above? They're by far the best for killing burrowers with.

-Speaking of burrowers, what is the highest aggro spell druids have? Flame lick is cheap and has a debuff, but they're *animals* thus I can use Glamour of tunare which has 1 poison counter and -20 mana tash component. I'm assuming glam of tun is thus the best aggro spell for mana, but is there a better aggro spell per cast that I'm not thinking of?

-Ice Burrower real hp: It can't be the 20k listed in Wiki. No chance. Regular mobs are 7500hp and they take much (MUCH) longer to kill kiting with a hasted pet. Anyone have real hp values?

-Strongorn/Tantor: Have found 1 Stronghorn up and ended up killing with a bard, cleric, and myself with charmed pet who ended up tanking with cleric chealing. These have set spawn timers or random chance off any animal (or any given mob)? Can these be snared? Stronhorn runs stupid fast and we never ended up snaring him. Can they BE snared? If so, I suppose it's possible to solo though turbo annoying.

-----------------------------------------------

Fun zone. Good xp. Animals per wiki are 45-50 level and all are dark blue at 59 and thus good xp. My only gripe is that finding mobs is somewhat hard. Burrowers are annoying but I've learned my lesson and figured out where to kite to avoid them.

Anywho ... anyone know the answer to any of these?

Edit:

PS: I really wish there was a way to make animals quad. Sucks that animals are apparently flagged to not ever duel wield given torches/weapons etc. If so, would be insane ... or is there some trick I'm missing?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-21-2018 at 01:41 PM..
Old 07-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Are you saying Ice Burrowers have more than 20k hp or less than 20k? If you're suggesting more, it should be expected they take much longer to kill with a pet than something like a 49 mob with 7.5k hp because the level difference will make the pet miss or minimum hit a significant portion of the time. 20k seems right to me but I've only killed a few.

If you're going to xp there I highly suggest carrying a WC cap if you don't already. If you ever stumble into Tsiraka he runs a lot faster than max level sow. There is no chance of getting far enough away from him to cast a Gate or regular port even with him stopping to cast.

The animals do share spawn tables with other non-animal mobs, cant remember which ones exactly.

Animals will never duel wield or equip a weapon
Old 07-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

My understanding is that everything shares a spawn table. That’s why once you kill everything it’s gone cause anything can spawn.

There’s been a few bug reports over the years.

Strong/Tant are also rando spawns Gratz on finding one they are pretty elusive.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

I kill burrowers on my 60 druid sometimes. I dont even bother measuring their hitpoints In numbers because kiting them I'm too far away to see pet dmg to log and will just say expect them to take 10 to 12 minutes to kill each one unless you have a rogue buddy or enchanter friend to charm a pirate. This is with hasted animal charm, epic, and bracer dot (Mana only used for keeping aggro *glamour / lick* thus can chain pull another burrower after first dies)

As for aggro I use both glamour and flamelick. Not sure numerically which is largest but with a click can chain gun between them every so often and never loose aggro
Old 07-22-2018, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Velium Mastodon Furs or Velium Hound furs have a use/value?

Old 07-22-2018, 04:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velium Mastodon Furs or Velium Hound furs have a use/value?
dunno just kill ice burrowers (use Mastadon for pet cause the rhino's run faster and can just barely hit you even max range casting charm on break)
Old 07-22-2018, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dunno just kill ice burrowers (use Mastadon for pet cause the rhino's run faster and can just barely hit you even max range casting charm on break)
I've actually found rhinos with their faster run speed make the best pets (velium hound is best but cant find them). I have transitioned to never snaring pet and keeping the lowest level 10 mana root up for easy recharms. Having a fast pet means more pet dps and less pet running to catch up to snared burrower.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Took me 1535 arrows (not hits) (and finish the last 3% with melee) to kill an ice burrower on my ranger recently. Iirc doing about 30 damage most hits (I suspect these boys have high AC for a mob which makes your kite of them more difficult) suggests to me they probably have 32000 hp.

The silks are worth player cash and they can drop a nice chest piece if you or a friend have an alt they can park for loot.

Again, this is a ranger perspective, but I found the animals have too much hp (along with the problems you mentioned) meant it was easier to find xp elsewhere. Perhaps Druids don't have as rich solo options as Rangers 55-60?
Nah I think he's just looking for some outside of the normal options. Druids have several valid options better than burrowers to solo to 60

I use epic snare which is slightly more of a snare % than ensnare and mammoth seems to always be swinging with no trouble catching up. I'll test one of these days kill time between rhino and mammoth to see if there is a noticeable difference, to me using the low lvl root to stall the rhino was just an annoying loss of dmf for a brief time compared to charm breaks with mammoth being able to catch them with charm and never having to worry about getting hit or bash

Exp on burrowers would probably be tragically bad... Compared to quadding otters or bear pits but hey by the time you can go from 59 to 60 off ice burrowers you will probably have made 150 or 200k off their silk lol

I never did burrowers before 60 thou, even at 60 with glamour they will resist ensnare and epic several if not 10+ times before landing. 59 is only 1 level down so probably no big difference in resist but could get annoying when leveling
Last edited by Foxplay; 07-22-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Druid epic would be sweet ... -100 MR snare that I don't have.

I can do them slowly, and only when i can't find 2 animals to charm vs each other.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Just do bear pits. WW sucks for charm exp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid epic would be sweet ... -100 MR snare that I don't have.

I can do them slowly, and only when i can't find 2 animals to charm vs each other.
It still gets resisted pretty hard. If it lands on the first try, great. If not, you'll have to have your charmed pet try to stall the mob while you click another 9 second cast, and another, and another, and another, and another...
Last edited by Bummey; 07-22-2018 at 06:51 PM..
Closed Thread