Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Orc

Default 2 Accounts using the same IP

Hey, me and my roommate really want to play together but when one of us is on the other has a temporary IP block. Im guessing this is because of the 2-boxing rule.

I have applied in the petition/bug forum for an exemption but I applied nearly a week ago and have bumped it pretty much every 24 hours but I have still not had anyone reply to it.

Im just posting this here to see if anyone has any information on another way I could get an exemption or maybe an administrator will see this post over the one in the petition/bug forum.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

It can take some time. Don't bump it anymore, they hate that. It took about 3 weeks for my exemption.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkmeyer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I...have bumped it pretty much every 24 hours but I have still not had anyone reply to it.
You're not the first to be frustrated with the time it takes to get an IP exemption, the golden rule in there is to do exactly the opposite of what you've done.

Don't bump the thread!!! (There's messages in a few places saying not to do that). They're done in the order in which they're recieved I believe, just be patient... and if your "roommate" happens to work opposite hours to you (so often it comes up), be extremely careful about logging his character in and buffing your character etc etc.