Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Skeleton

Question Idea to resolve permanent camping/MQing of Epic quest items for MQ purposes

I started to play on p1999 around the end of January 2018 after quitting EQ live back in 2006. Now, I am finally getting my characters through most of the pieces needed for the their Epic quest turn ins, but have come across the bottlenecks for each class. The mage Earth Staff Multi Quest(MQ) is now at 800K the last time I looked and the Shaman Tear MQ is at 100k. I was personally never able to get my epic items on my characters on live due to the fact I was not able to devote the time needed for raiding the mobs that drop the pieces. Now that I am able to raid for the pieces, I find it disheartening that the main high-end guilds on this server have these items perma-camped not due to need for their members but for greed MQing the epic items. So many members of the guild I am in have been playing for years and have been unable to obtain a crucial item, like the Tear for the Shaman and the Earth staff for the mage, due to this problem.

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION is to make all the epics quest item pieces unMQable. There are so many other quest items that cannot be MQed and I think the Epic item pieces should be added to that list. This way people like me and others that love the game and have played for years without be able to achieve this character milestone can finally accomplish this momentous task without having to save up massive amounts of pp due to others perma camping the mobs for greed.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this matter.
Last edited by picard456; 06-08-2018 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Kobold

WTS loot rights
Old 06-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

aftermath wouldnt be able to lock others out of content so they can fund their guild bank and greedy little pockets anymore.

So basically outrage incoming
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Kobold

800k? I can think of 1 item worth 800k or more, and Earth Staff isn't it.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:28 AM
Banned

Epics used to be and are still meant to be difficult to obtain. If everyone had an epic then they wouldn't be special. If you want an epic you're going to have to put in the time either way.

And yeah, the ability to sell loot rights makes this a bad idea.

Filed under: not vlassic
Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard456 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION is to make all the epics quest item pieces unMQable.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:09 AM
Banned

OP no. you're stepping into a space where people have played this game for years over and over on the principal of questing and progressing and selling and playing and living in everquest and Epic MQ's are a backbone of this world.

I know you want to just play this game casually and make your childhood dreams come true without sacraficing something IRL but this is an alternate real world you're in now so have respect of the physics of this universe!
Last edited by mickmoranis; 06-09-2018 at 01:12 AM..
Old 06-09-2018, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Not classic.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Seems there's a lot of people making money off one MQ or another here.

If you want an epic you probably need to either join Aftermath or start grinding lots of Highkeep guards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2018, 02:19 AM
Kobold

Or camp the mobs yourself.
Closed Thread