Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 03:12 AM
Banned

Human contact would probably be my first guess in what you want from Red. yeah sure there are 50 other people but you are all in a super guild having little to any contest for mobs.

Maybe you are pressing against the glass harder than anone woulda imagined due to anger, rage and jealousy because while blue99 served its purpose to recreate the classic experience for 90%+ of the red/blue population, Red always fell short.

Between the literal fucking decade of the guides/GMs forcing/pushing/spamming Red99 it was the one server out of all of them who had the chance to provide the classic everquest PvP experience.. it never could.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:13 AM
Banned

Now all I feel is pity.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:15 AM
Banned

Im pouring out this drink and going to bed, this thread turned my mellow drunk into a sad drunk knowing that after trying for so hard and so long that you never really got what you wanted.

Or maybe I should raise this cup and chalk it up to a "cant always get what you want" moment followed up by a "shits classic"
Old 07-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

I think you'd like the red server.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

random_pic.jpg
Old 07-22-2018, 03:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you'd like the red server.
No, I am a Bertox/7th hammer/prexus baby. the idea of pvp is just shit to me. Unless its a game built around pvp like Tribes or TF2 its just shit.

I like the ability to set an egg timer/my phone for the zones spawn time minus 20 seconds and camping something without worry outside of the random captain mcpullrulesoutofhisass tier assfuck who tries to wheelsesl me out of a camp for being afk between spawns as my Persian in pokemon blue with its 100% crit chance carries me through the game.

Like even now Everquest live has ONE pvp server left and even WoW only has a couple of those left.

MMOs and pvp just do not mix, never has, never will and that is just a cold hard fact.

As for the random image thing if I remember right that is from the movie The Little Toaster and that was a.. junk mover to the smelter dude guy thing
Old 07-22-2018, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

WoW pvp was/is good too ^^

Most of the WoW emulated servers are pvp. Blizzard promotes family friendly carebear servers where everyone is a "winner" these days so they probably fell away with pvp servers in terms of popularity.

(how can everyone be a winner?)
Old 07-22-2018, 03:54 AM
Banned

aka the money makers
Old 07-22-2018, 04:00 AM
Banned

But, EverQuest was designed for pve first the foremost. PvP is an afterthought. While the idea of predatory combat with some buttnugget rogue with an epic ruining a group of 6s day sounds fun, its not fun for those 6.

Ever since the dawn of ever people want or like to feel rewarded for their perseverance and/or hard work. red99 is the antithesis of that in where might makes right, where ONE person can ruin an entire groups day and that one person getting NOTHING out of it aside from plat they dont need from the newbies corpses and the fact the group, naked, has little if any chance to get their corpse back on top of the recovery time/re-establishment time/history repeating itself over again.

In world of Warcraft the corpse recovery time was minimal/did not lock you out of an area for awhile and at least the ambusher got rewarded with vendor points.

PvP is fun for 1 in 7 people.
Closed Thread