Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 04:03 AM
Banned

And no matter how many "non classic" additions they make to red99 no one in their right fucking mind will touch the server with someone elses dick.

And with that in mind I stand by what I said before, it is a containment server for the 14% of the p99 playerbase or a nifty way to flush whatever cache is causing the logging into blue99 error.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, EverQuest was designed for pve first the foremost. PvP is an afterthought. While the idea of predatory combat with some buttnugget rogue with an epic ruining a group of 6s day sounds fun, its not fun for those 6.

Ever since the dawn of ever people want or like to feel rewarded for their perseverance and/or hard work. red99 is the antithesis of that in where might makes right, where ONE person can ruin an entire groups day and that one person getting NOTHING out of it aside from plat they dont need from the newbies corpses and the fact the group, naked, has little if any chance to get their corpse back on top of the recovery time/re-establishment time/history repeating itself over again.

In world of Warcraft the corpse recovery time was minimal/did not lock you out of an area for awhile and at least the ambusher got rewarded with vendor points.

PvP is fun for 1 in 7 people.
Above: The glass is half empty.

Below: The glass is half full.

PvP adds an extra dimension to a well worn, well trodden game where nerds get mad over start lines, fraps each other and even lately try to get paid off to the tune of half a million platinum in exchange for not petitioning. The anger is so bad and out of control and there's nothing you can do about it - you can't hit each other, you can't engage in any combat and you need to train each other (which will get you banned if its intentional). You're literally powerless unless you work with your rival guild(s), which nobody seems to want to do judging by the bans that get handed out.

Over on the red server, raiders have to be alert to the possibility of an invasion from another guild while raiding. You can legitimately ruin a rival guild's day legally, and brag about it. Sure the numbers aren't as big, but the concept is still there. The solution to blue's anger and frustration is there - let the players take control of it themselves.

The red concept is what the blue server needs. I would love to be involved in some pvp with big numbers. I think Nilbog or Rogean video'd a huge DL fight on red one time, not sure where that is on Youtube but there somewhere.

It just lacks numbers now, and not because pvp sucks... but because low population sucks. Why did TAKP or p2002 never really get off the ground? There's so many people calling for Luclin/PoP/elements of both. Low population will kill any server, not just an EQ server...lots of failed WoW emus out there because people want a community to play with.

I still enjoy my characters on red, it's a good time even if I have to solo during Euro'ish hours.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

No such thing as pvp/pve servers in WoW anymore.

Ya dingus.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No such thing as pvp/pve servers in WoW anymore.

Ya dingus.
I stopped playing well before it became Kung Fu Panda online, thx for update Blizznerd.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Kobold

So, summarizing what I saw, there's only 1 guild on red?

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 07-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over on the red server, raiders have to be alert to the possibility of an invasion from another guild while raiding. You can legitimately ruin a rival guild's day legally, and brag about it. Sure the numbers aren't as big, but the concept is still there. The solution to blue's anger and frustration is there - let the players take control of it themselves.

The red concept is what the blue server needs. I would love to be involved in some pvp with big numbers. I think Nilbog or Rogean video'd a huge DL fight on red one time, not sure where that is on Youtube but there somewhere.
So rather than shouting for mom and dad to resolve the issue Red is all about taking the ball and going home if you can't join the fun? Oh right, apparently ruining other people's day is a part of the fun.

Wait a minute... Perhaps these exciting tactics have reached such meta levels that rather than logging on to ruining someone's day they simply do not log on at all to ruin the entire server and thereby ruining everyone's day! GENIUS! < insert dead/dank memes here >
Old 07-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

it must be super weird actually running into other people on a server that has 5x as many zones as players
Old 08-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Orc

It's cool that there is a classic pvp server that still exists in the world.
Closed Thread