Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not since nobody knows who your characters are. We are all dying to know though.
Anyone who matters knows who my characters are, as they are all named similar to this account name. But keep deflecting rather than explain how TOV is a COV quest hub, and exactly what experiences you aren't being allowed to have, by yourself in TOV.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't been to TOV on this server yet, but this tactic sounds lame as hell.

However with an FTE timer of 1 hour, i don't really know what an alternative would be.

Good luck people!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was only suggested as a one time fix to windows that were spread horribily accross 6 days.

At the moment, Rogean and pals are being very cool about resetting the server at a more classic rate, so that problem isn't one we have had for a couple of months.

The issue with waiting a until the weekend to kill everything you FTE'd during the week is that would come out to far less dragons in the long run. The good thing about killing a dragon 20 minutes after it spawns is that the 7 day +/- 8 hour timer for it to pop again starts immediately.

If a guild can't handle a dragon in the 60 minutes after it pops (already an absurd leeway given from what used to be insta-pulls), then they should try other content or pack it in. Phinny is thata way.

Seriously though, remove 1 hour and allow mages again. Casual guilds have proven the only thing they really want is for us to not try so hard. It's obviously not going to change. Insert random reason why that is pathetic <here>.
Yeah, I understood it was only proposed as a one time fix, just seemed like broader application could fix some things. The decreased dragon issue could be fixed by decreasing respawn to 6days+/-1hr. Run for dragons Friday or Saturday. Kill them on Sunday. Of course if no dragons are getting killed, then that could complicate races :3 could cut respawn down to 1day+/-5days or whatever so long as Sunday (or Saturday or whatever day was the designated kill day), so there would be no fewer dragons.

Or just hard code dragon spawns to random time on Tuesdays, or whatever other day and stipulate they must die by the EoD Sunday, or they become FFA.

Our system is already unclassic may as well make something that works for everyone.

Only issue would be Vulak with his summoning of other dragons, which really ought to just be removed because it is rarely a factor given the current environment.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I understood it was only proposed as a one time fix, just seemed like broader application could fix some things. The decreased dragon issue could be fixed by decreasing respawn to 6days+/-1hr. Run for dragons Friday or Saturday. Kill them on Sunday. Of course if no dragons are getting killed, then that could complicate races :3 could cut respawn down to 1day+/-5days or whatever so long as Sunday (or Saturday or whatever day was the designated kill day), so there would be no fewer dragons.

Or just hard code dragon spawns to random time on Tuesdays, or whatever other day and stipulate they must die by the EoD Sunday, or they become FFA.

Our system is already unclassic may as well make something that works for everyone.

Only issue would be Vulak with his summoning of other dragons, which really ought to just be removed because it is rarely a factor given the current environment.
Actually, I think vulak and his summoning of other dragons played a part in the last 3-4 vulak spawns.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who matters knows who my characters are, as they are all named similar to this account name.
good to know, ty
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because they weren't afforded the opportunity to do so. Anytime CSG tries to crawl they get obliterated with "pulls". A/A isn't going to just halt operations and let someone else clear content normally.
As Chest says, we've tried it. Been there, ate that 4-way concrete and didn't like the taste. We went the political route and spent lots of time discussing with leaders of guilds as to the kind of server they wanted to create and to the GMs and eventually the Devs. Everyone at every level agreed that it was painful and hurt their real lives but that they wanted it no other way.

So if we are all going to drink the pixel poison, I might as well flavor it with kool aid too.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet this is exactly what a bunch of casual scum did on their very first Feshlak who tried to gate.

Anyway this is all fluff that avoids the real problems.

Why is it you are not more interested in playing the game in the spirit of what classic everquest was ? How about something we all agree did actually happen on alot of servers: Consider Aary as the gatekeeper. We all race for fte on that and then get those 48 hours to clear to and kill dragons. Would you be up for that?

(yeah dont bother answering - you have no interest in this servers community)

edit: and just to add : when A/A/Rustle were having their tiff, and Sirks had to come in and sort the children out, CSG who were minding their own business,had to wait untill your squabble was dealt with.
Sontalak is the gatekeeper for tov only aftermath has killed him recently.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

I've tried several avenues to fix this raid scene. I am more open to anything than any other top guild leader has ever been on this server. I brought all these rotations to the table, I have advocated for a C, R, FFA system minus ToV (as it was before, the end raid zone was not included) and all have been met with resistance.

There's two top guilds right now. One is open to discussions on bettering this raid scene. The other one is hellbent on doing things their way. It takes two to tango...
Old 11-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

And a lot more guilds than A/A kill dragons in ToV, that's a terrible idea. During Kunark only TMO / IB would even step foot into VP so it made sense.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

On live on bertox the guild that killed aaryonar had 48 hours to crawl around ntov killing as many as they could before the rest became open season

everything before aary including east and west wings were open season.

also, flurry drakes and iki were usually pulled into the hub to be killed (where east north and west wings all start). aary was killed on the ramp where he spawns

zone in was a no go for fighting in
Closed Thread