Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default clearly original devs didn't like warriors

Warriors got butt jacked big league. I hate say it, but warriors are the worst class in the game and also my favorite. Even with ultra fab gear, they still can't gold their own.

Verant decided in the games development to make a really low dps class, with a smidgen of hp bonus, and a propensity for dieing. this class would do less damage than all other classes, tank worse than a pal, sk, or monk, and have a taunt skill that does virtually nothing. The class would also be utterly reliant on gear and other characters for pitty exp.

The End
Old 05-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

they hated them so much that the made them the only ones capable of taking a punch to the face from the biggest bosses in the game
Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors got butt jacked big league. I hate say it, but warriors are the worst class in the game and also my favorite. Even with ultra fab gear, they still can't gold their own.

Verant decided in the games development to make a really low dps class, with a smidgen of hp bonus, and a propensity for dieing. this class would do less damage than all other classes, tank worse than a pal, sk, or monk, and have a taunt skill that does virtually nothing. The class would also be utterly reliant on gear and other characters for pitty exp.

The End
Its important to remember with Taunt, that it ONLY has a chance to work (and it is a chance) if the mob is NOT already focused on you. So if you're spamming it during combat, thats why its not doing much for you.

Really in order to hold aggro with a warrior you either need great DPS and/or a weapon that procs an ability to draw extra threat. Warriors actually can get pretty nuts DPS through the mid-levels, but it requires like 10,000 in weapons (namely, a Wurmslayer + fast or proccing off-hand), and with those you can hold aggro pretty easily.

They do have it rough though, I picked Paladin for my "tank" character. Warriors are needed for raiding though.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly I hate grouping with warriors, their aggro sucks. SK and Pally can get aggro back instantly.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

warriors are the best at the end tho lol you just haven't gotten evasive yet nerd
Old 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Clearly a troll move this thread to RnF pls =)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly a troll move this thread to RnF pls =)
Please prove me wrong
Old 05-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

What.
The entire end game encounters are designed around your tank being a warrior. So yeah it's not gonna be like a mage or necro where you can afk faceroll to 60 easily. As with most classes the majority don't necessarily give it their all but if you've ever grouped a competent warrior they will put other tank classes to shame. I believe that the bad rap they get managing aggro is that most players don't want to think to much about positioning and how to more efficiently manage their own aggro. Which they dont with Hybrid tanks. As a warrior you basically have to learn how to set up and run a camp while your pullers go out and do their thing.

Interesting tidbit with some broken discipline tricks warriors can put out the highest melee DPS in the game bar none on encounters. PC dps that is as some of the stuff in PoG is pew pew and probably other raid zones with charmable mobs.

Have you ever played a Paladin or SK btw? Their damage tables are laughable compared to actual melee archtypes. Although this is to be altered on one of the final p99 patches I believe.

P.S. lern2taunt
Old 05-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I hate grouping with warriors, their aggro sucks. SK and Pally can get aggro back instantly.
Warrior aggro is contingent on the rest of the group not sucking as well as the warrior knowing what they're doing. Usually when a warrior's aggro sucks it's because other DPS classes are dummies who don't know how to control their aggro. In other words, when a warrior has difficulty keeping aggro it's usually because the rest of the group sucks, not them.

A good hybrid tank shouldn't have to get aggro back. If a hybrid loses aggro at any point after engaging a mob in any group, they suck. Period.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

End game, and I mean end game, warriors are pretty much rogues with tremendous hp. My friend abandoned his rogue to main warrior in Velious. Was a smart decision as it lead to a much more interesting and versatile character. #1 DPS if he wants to, and very respectable DPS if he doesn't.
Closed Thread