Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Orc

Default Track skill for Phinny

Hi

I am a wizard lookin to camp Phinny. Does anyone know if there is a certain level in track that i need on a ranger to be able to see if he is up in Kedge? I am plannin on creating a new char just for this

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Not positive but I heard that even a bard can track him from zone in.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Orc

From what level though?
Old 10-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

well a bard only gets track at level 35 and by that stage they can hit their cap
Old 10-25-2016, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well a bard only gets track at level 35 and by that stage they can hit their cap
...and bards' track skill cap is 100, so I guess that would be your target. You could also use a low-level necro to do /pet attack Phin to see if he's up - and if you take it to level 8, you can also use that necro to do the pull. (Bind at the entrance, invis down to Phinny, get rid of the 2 annoying fish, use a pet to pull the seahorse guardians while Phinny is at the bottom of his patrol, gate, and zone as late as you can; if the 4 seahorses follow and Phinny doesn't, someone else pulls Phinny.)
Last edited by Videri; 10-25-2016 at 11:09 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

I believe that if he's up you can see "Phinigel Autropos beings to cast a spell" from the zone in, i could be wrong
Old 10-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and bards' track skill cap is 100, so I guess that would be your target. You could also use a low-level necro to do /pet attack Phin to see if he's up - and if you take it to level 8, you can also use that necro to do the pull. (Bind at the entrance, invis down to Phinny, get rid of the 2 annoying fish, use a pet to pull the seahorse guardians while Phinny is at the bottom of his patrol, gate, and zone as late as you can; if the 4 seahorses follow and Phinny doesn't, someone else pulls Phinny.)
Thank you fideri! With that info it looks like lvl 20 is the magic number for a ranger
Old 10-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Or bring a pet class and have them type /pet attack phinigel. If the pet does nothing, he's not up. If it says something like attacking phinigel master, you know he's up.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or bring a pet class and have them type /pet attack phinigel. If the pet does nothing, he's not up. If it says something like attacking phinigel master, you know he's up.
hmm that might be a bit easier...

Do you know if i just have to type his first name or the entire name?
Old 10-27-2016, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

You just need to type as much into his name as is unique to him in the zone.

So if you had someone in zone called Phinigan you would have to type /pet kill phinige.

As an aside, when doing /targets and so on spaces are replaced with underscores.
Closed Thread