Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Default 2 Griffons in WC traveled as a pair

Back on EQ live there were 2 griffons that used to spawn together. They would travel together, side by side and follow a route throughout WC. It was very terrifying if you were a low level player.

Currently only 1 griffon spawns in WC. I have spoke to other players from EQ live and they too remembered the pair of griffons.

Thanks for looking into this.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

they don't look into things. you need to post proper evidence then if it's verified they can make the change

memory isn't evidence. screenshots or multiple forum/comments entries that are timeline appropriate is better
Old 11-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

you would think that since they want to make the best classic server they would look into things. It is the best classic server but there are still many not classic aspects to it such as the one griffon.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they don't look into things. you need to post proper evidence then if it's verified they can make the change

memory isn't evidence. screenshots or multiple forum/comments entries that are timeline appropriate is better
I disagree. My recollection is in fact evidence and I will sign an affidavit upon request to substantiate my claim. To clarify, I testify that I personally witnessed on many occasions on The Nameless sever, Veeshan server and Xev server that I saw two griffons on a patrol route travelling at the same speed side by side in the West Commonlands.

Sworn testimony is considered evidence. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimony
In the law, testimony is a form of evidence that is obtained from a witness who makes a solemn statement or declaration of fact. Testimony may be oral or written, and it is usually made by oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury.
My credentials, credibility and experience in EverQuest on the live servers is impeccable and I can furnish them to the P1999 dev responsible for fixing this bug via PM upon request.

Also, it is my hope that my post will refresh the memory of others who remember the two griffons traveling side by side as well.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Fire Giant

I've seen two Griffons spawn in EC at the same time but they won't follow each other around...

I have never seen two Griffons in WC though.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. My recollection is in fact evidence and I will sign an affidavit upon request to substantiate my claim. To clarify, I testify that I personally witnessed on many occasions on The Nameless sever, Veeshan server and Xev server that I saw two griffons on a patrol route travelling at the same speed side by side in the West Commonlands.

Sworn testimony is considered evidence. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimony
In the law, testimony is a form of evidence that is obtained from a witness who makes a solemn statement or declaration of fact. Testimony may be oral or written, and it is usually made by oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury.
My credentials, credibility and experience in EverQuest on the live servers is impeccable and I can furnish them to the P1999 dev responsible for fixing this bug via PM upon request.

Also, it is my hope that my post will refresh the memory of others who remember the two griffons traveling side by side as well.
this isn't a court of law so don't be so pathetic and try claiming it is.

devs want more than memory proof. after all, it was from over 15 years ago and many things changed over the years