Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

excellent points from both smelly and keltic!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-15-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Six thieves break into a high security vault to steal a pair of earrings worth a billion dollars.

#1: "Hurray we are all rich!"

#2: "Nope - my ears are pierced so I'm calling NBG."
Hahahahaha

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-15-2020, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In another example I saw a ranger who was wearing a crested helm at the entrance of Guk.... join my Exe/Sav group 2 hours later.... without a helmet. Now If I didnt recognize him, he would of gotten one over on our group.
Now that green has been out a while, I'm siding with greed rolls.

For the first month or two, greed rolling everything would have been ridiculous, because even minor drops were often upgrades for multiple people in the group, and there wasn't enough pp in the economy to easily resell items. e.g. I even won a Crested Helm on my cleric, as nbg, because it was a legit upgrade at the time.

Now though? Over 3 months into green? No way.

Everyone needs pp and there's been enough time for loot to flood the market that even a lowbie can gear up easily.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone needs pp and there's been enough time for loot to flood the market that even a lowbie can gear up easily.
If "everyone" needs pp then it's not very easy for a lowbie to gear up because they have none. There's also not much loot in the market, and much of it is being sold for pretty exorbitant prices for what it is.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If "everyone" needs pp then it's not very easy for a lowbie to gear up because they have none. There's also not much loot in the market, and much of it is being sold for pretty exorbitant prices for what it is.
I have leveled a fresh toon to 30 and have earned a rough equivalent to 2.5K along the way. it is hardly impossible for new players to get coin. And I am far from a hard core player. I sold almost all belts/sashes/ears/scalps I looted.

Lowbie gear is often selling for 10-150pp a piece, many pieces 20,30,40pp each. And hunting wil-o-wisps will earn plenty of plat to get some basic gear
Old 01-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Grats bladefrenzy
Old 01-15-2020, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's lots of lowbie loot available on the market. They can also win rolls for equippable items, even if others roll on it too, not just ones they can sell.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats bladefrenzy
That's GBN, aka "NBG".
Old 01-15-2020, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

When it comes down to it, 99% of the people that claim need rolls are Seal Team alts that are already rich AF. NEVER allow someone to brainwash you into saying it's a need roll if it wasn't discussed BEFORE you joined the group.

You'll see the same guys say "need roll" for FBSS >> Sell it (or simply pass to mule) >> Return with a leather belt saying it's, again, a "need" roll.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it comes down to it, 99% of the people that claim need rolls are Seal Team alts that are already rich AF.
Funny considering being in a raiding guild makes you poor unless you're already a rich class. Pots and clickies aren't cheap, yo.

Just because a character has gear doesn't mean they're rich. I geared up my alt entirely with stuff I camped and looted on my main. I'm still broke on both.

Also the NBG I see in groups happening now comes from newbies, not from people in raiding guilds.

While we're making up statistics though, did you know that 99% of things mischief419 says are false and without evidence?
Closed Thread