Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Default Starwars AND Diablo 3 Sucked so i'm back!

Tried Starwars got two toons to max lvl all decked out and found it sucks.... Tried Diablo 3 and got two toons maxed out and geared and found it totally sucks. So looks like I'm back p1999! I do love this server and era of EQ! So glad its still alive and kicking! Hope more people come back after discovering the new games suck too! lol.

A shout out to Nilbog, Rogean, Amelinda and everyone else that makes this server possible. YOU GUYS/GIRLS ROCK!!! Thank you for all you do to keep the classic EQ alive and I hope you all know that many of us really really do appreciate what you do to provide and maintain this server. I'm sure many more than the few that come here to whine/cry/bitch/complain and be total D-Bags.

I wish some people weren't such spoiled idiots that want everything now and on a silver platter that cry or whine when they don't get it the way they want it right away. Or the ones that feel they gotta be a dick because they got banned or whatever do to there own actions... I feel for ya's having to deal with this crap.

So my THANKS to the Dev's and Staff of Project 1999!

Sincerely,
Zefearus

Its good to be back!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

I'm unsure about diablo, but starwars wasn't meant to be a min/max game. It's storyline
Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

lol wb. Hard game is hard.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

I agree
I've played almost every mmo out since eq(minus WoW) and they have all sucked.. Vanguard was good, Aion was ok...but it in the end.. It's classic EQ ,kunark, and velious
That hooked us. I look forward to many many more hours in norath with RL buddies and guildies,
The other games are just pointlessly easy... Ya sure some are grind feasts.. But pointless grind fests.. Still EASY.. Die.. No loss, just run back and continue...

Looking forward to pally raiding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Kobold

SWTOR is mostly KOTOR except with multiplayer capabilities plugged in. It's an interesting combo, though I thought that the different class storylines varied widely in quality. It's the first MMO that made me forget about my XP bar, but I didn't get the chance to play it beyond like, level 24. My gaming computer broke down.

I've heard that SWTOR's end-game content is wanting, which is a common pitfall for many MMOs.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Well, that's the side effect of easy game play....people burn through content like fritos after bong hits. And content is EXPENSIVE.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

SWTOR was fun and the story was great. In the end you raided, PVPed and repeated daily quests for premium gear that was better than all that could be crafted. Very repetitive in the end.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default WB

WB Malimus,

Classic EQ is fun to play precisely because it is difficult to master, and mistakes are costly. Things like not having an in-game map or quest log forces a player to do research and remember things - or 'gasp', ask someone for help. Each class has abilities that others can benefit from when fighting together, or just traveling which makes people want to form teams and interact. The minimalist approach to auctioning also adds another layer of personal interaction between PCs.

When Sony killed these things by adding Bots to bind, port, and auction (in a sense, a PC became a Bot in the Bizarre), they killed much of the difficulty and human interaction that makes the game interesting.

~my 2cps
Nilzark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

wb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWTOR was fun and the story was great. In the end you raided, PVPed and repeated daily quests for premium gear that was better than all that could be crafted. Very repetitive in the end.
I would have to agree. Patch 1.2 was fun for a bit but after gearing up from EC HM and Lost Island we were right back to where we were before the patch. And now it seems that PvP on my server has *really* tapered off so that's not a reliable queue when you log on even on prime-time some days. The only reason I think a lot of my guild still plays is for the social aspect and to continue to gear up guildies in the event that new content is released which isn't happening in 1.3. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Dailies make me want to hurt myself to feel better and the only real edge that crafting has right now is that you can make a modifiable piece of gear with an augment slot but that will also be changing here soon, too.
Closed Thread