Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-19-2023, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, so he's talking about PVP? Ok, I can see warrior weapon twisting working in PVP where every little HP matters.

PVE still useless.
It's better for PVE than PVP (very bizarre how you think DPS is "useless"), since NPC's generally are standing still. Still useful for PVP though, particularly when landing a stun or when someone is casting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the time, offhand is going to swing almost immediately after you unequip main, so you don't have time to swap in a weapon.
That's not how it works. You don't auto attack while taking off the primary weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so DPS for a ranger involves an argent protector. (Lol). 42/49 or 2.5 second delay.
“Best offhand ratio” is a Scimiter of the Emerald Dawn @ 20/34 (it isn’t).
A Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn drops to 17 delay (1.7 seconds).
That gives you .8 seconds to swap weapons and get a swing off before you miss a MH AP swing, or at least delay it
You don't understand the mechanic. The offhand weapon swings right after you equip it and press the attack button. As 7thGate said, the offhand weapon used while "Two-hander dual wielding" ends up having the same delay as your 2-hander, so what matters is the damage on the offhand weapon. Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn is the best.

The offhand weapon does need to have a somewhat lower delay then the two-hander still, so there isn't a timing issue of swapping a bit later on one round and missing out on the offhand swing because of it. The delay of the Scimitar is sufficient meet that requirement for a 42+ delay Two-hander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe I have mel and the scimitar on Jimjam. I can probably test on him (warrior) rather than ranger.
Meljeldin may run into some trouble with the Scimitar if you're trying with high haste. 38 delay leaves very little wiggle room, both for swapping back to the primary in time for that attack round, and the timing of swapping to the offhand. If you are a bit slow to offhand swap on a certain round, then the next round your offhand timer can be slightly delayed, causing you to either miss the offhand that round or wait too long and delay the primary swing.

I think a weapon with at least 42 delay is needed if having high haste. Or, if you can manage to always primary swap in time with a 38 delay two-hander and high haste, an offhand with a bit of a lower delay than 34 may still need to be used. Very interested to see you experiment with it!
Last edited by Zuranthium; 11-19-2023 at 11:01 AM..
Old 11-19-2023, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Will plugging primary with a firebeetle eye or whatever prevent it’s timer from getting esten on a fumble?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

The primary attack should never be "eaten", it just becomes delayed from what it should have been if you were slow to swap to the offhand and back again. Trying to insert a lightstone into your primary slot wouldn't help anything, it just takes up more of your time adding that extra step.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Does it add so much time? Having a lightstone on your cursor when you unequip the 2hs doesn’t seem a big deal? It also lets you just autoi the secondary in.

Have you actually tried this? Is it theory quest?

Old 11-19-2023, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The primary attack should never be "eaten", it just becomes delayed from what it should have been if you were slow to swap to the offhand and back again. Trying to insert a lightstone into your primary slot wouldn't help anything, it just takes up more of your time adding that extra step.
Okay the fact you aren't doing non-weapon to primary, 2hs to 1hs (bagged), 1hs to secondary, 1hs to 2hs (bagged), 2hs to primary as your cycle kinda proves to me you're trolling and never actually used this.

Old 11-19-2023, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay the fact you aren't doing non-weapon to primary, 2hs to 1hs (bagged), 1hs to secondary, 1hs to 2hs (bagged), 2hs to primary as your cycle kinda proves to me you're trolling and never actually used this.
I don't think this does anything different, does it? If you don't include a lightstone it's still empty to primary, 2 hs to 1 hs (bagged), 1 hs to secondary, 1 hs to 2 hs (bagged), 2 hs to primary. You still need to turn auto attack off before you swap out the two hander or you'll punch with the offhand, I think. I don't think the lightstone prevents that.

Or are we concerned the mainhand timer is going to come off cool down by the time we pulse autoattack (or is there an offhand attack button?) With the 1 hs equipped? If you're that slow you're already seriously screwing yourself up by trying this.
Old 11-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand the mechanic. The offhand weapon swings right after you equip it and press the attack button. As 7thGate said, the offhand weapon used while "Two-hander dual wielding" ends up having the same delay as your 2-hander, so what matters is the damage on the offhand weapon. Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn is the best.

Oh I understand the mechanic. I wish you understood how time worked.

Meljeldin haste capped is 19 delay or just under 2 seconds to complete the cycle. Not just once, but every two seconds for an entire fight. Most Vindi's are about 140 seconds. Have fun doing that cycle 70 times and being flawless at it.

It's pretty easy, just fire up OBS or any screen capture system. Record a couple minute video. Outside using programable hardware or systems to make this into a one click system, which is not legal, I dont see this being a rational ask. Especially since if anyone cared that much to sit there stationary and hit 2 buttons they would just be
on a rogue.

Looking forward to you actually running something (like a video) rather than just your mouth.

Quote:
Goodness, finally. Ding ding ding. So you're trading MH ratio for a free offhand swing if you execute w/o robotic flawlessness.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-19-2023 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-20-2023, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Guys please do not listen to this person. Weapon swap does not exist for anyone but a monk. End of story. Theory quest at its finest
Old 11-20-2023, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

bUt muH wEaPon SWapS!!11!!
Old 11-20-2023, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Ngl This feels a lot like dsms root rotting theory where shamans can root rot 8 mobs at a time and equate to mage dps in a fast killing xp group. Just throwing numbers together and claiming it as reality. I’m sure an hour session of raiding you might see a slight uptick in the first minute but then it would likely level out to the point of worthlessness.

As others have already asked for, let’s see some proof.